Ecclesfield 'village'

The ponds were known as the Willowgarth

You've just made my day!

The infamous Basil Briggs was my great granddad, have a few old stories about him!

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 14:57 ----------

I used to work(and drink!) with Mick Mole for a couple of years, we worked for the Hartleys at Ecclesfield Engineering on yew lane. Had some good laughs with Mick and the Hartleys, although I was quite a bit younger than them.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 15:04 ----------

Steve Bentley's passing was due to renal failure through alcohol.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 15:37 ----------

I know Greta very well, I know her sons Mark and Jason. Yes she was a Greensmith before a Beaumont and related to my great Grandma Sarah, who later became Sarah Briggs when she married Basil Briggs(bass drum player of Ecclesfield band), They lived on Park crescent(sycamore rd) before moving to the bottom of Primrose drive, Their son David Briggs(my uncle) who married Joan lived at 62 Sycamore rd

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 15:45 ----------

I think you could be mistaken there , as far as I know Greta is still alive and living with her son Mark on Sycamore.

the boy in the shop was actually Mick Flint. The family moved to Yeovil, where they still are today.....

Surely there must be someone out there who can remember Margaret Cooke who lived at 219 High Street? Trying to track her down after 45years. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Tunkle

Can't remember the name but it was a farm. Nigel will know.

Did Paul Marsden live at the corner house of Tunwell Ave and Tunwell Drive? I remember him being in the choir at Monteney around 1950/51. He was the star having a lovely boy soprano voice.

I see an old neighbour of yours, Joan Leaming. She is married to David Speight who Iris may remember from EGS.

I know this is in reply to an old posting, but if the Dave Speight you mention is around 74, and started work at ESC, I would like to revive an old friendship.

I know this is in reply to an old posting, but if the Dave Speight you mention is around 74, and started work at ESC, I would like to revive an old friendship.

Lucky old you. I've sent you a PM

the boy in the shop was actually Mick Flint. The family moved to Yeovil, where they still are today.....

Hi spingoboy, my family lived next door to joan & david for over 45 years. they were good friends and neighbours. I also worked with graham Hartley back in 1974, and as you said greta still lives on sycamore with mark. My mums family, the guests lived on park crescent.

Edited by sycamore66j
add on

Dave Speight is my uncle. We don't keep in touch now though and not seen him for 6 years.

can anyone tell me if mick & Sandra are still running the greyhound.

Indeed they are.

Hi, if member Nigel WOMERSLEY reads this post please message me. Regarding

Herbert WOMERSLEY WW1.

Regards Rob