Ecclesfield 'village'

aye same here .did you go to the ecclesfield comp or colly?i went to colley.

Where did you go to school and what year?

I left half way through the third year in 71 and moved to the other side of Sheffield, ended up at Hurlfield Comp, **** hole:gag:

Where did you go to school and what year?

Trying to work out who you are Grommit.What number on Bernshall and when did you leave Colley

I also remember the little shop opposit the church and where the police station was there was alot of spare land were lupins grew if you went up there you could get down to the park.

All that is built on now Rosie. More's the pity.

Yes ecclesfield hasnt changed for the better im afraid.

Many buildings have gone over the years. The original scout hut opposite the post office, the band hut (and the band), the car spares shop near to Ladycroft footpath, St Mary's Garage, the allotments, Greens foundry and Stanley's to name but a few. Other buildings have changed use like, the old police station, Courthouse, Griffin, Trinity Chapel, the old coop, regency (Bank House).

Did you go to get the papers when the shop was opposite the entrace to the school or buy groceries from Braybrook's on The Common. I once bought a bike from Cutts and fish and chips from Jones's.

And you went to the Doctor's on Church Street.

Nostalgia is a great thing. ahh

Many buildings have gone over the years. The original scout hut opposite the post office, the band hut (and the band), the car spares shop near to Ladycroft footpath, St Mary's Garage, the allotments, Greens foundry and Stanley's to name but a few. Other buildings have changed use like, the old police station, Courthouse, Griffin, Trinity Chapel, the old coop, regency (Bank House).

Did you go to get the papers when the shop was opposite the entrace to the school or buy groceries from Braybrook's on The Common. I once bought a bike from Cutts and fish and chips from Jones's.

And you went to the Doctor's on Church Street.

Nostalgia is a great thing. ahh

I used to go to all those shops. the Doctor's Surgery at 50 Church Street was only for the brave if Dr Smail was on duty. He could tell you what was wrong with you, just by looking at you. A good Doctor though. Dr Mackintosh was our Doctor. There was a surgery downstairs and one upstairs. Both had ill fitting doors and those in the waiting room heard everything. You could go round the back with your prescription and Miss Dronfield would make it up for you. There was also Mr Nicholson's chemist at the corner of Yew Lane and St Mary's Lane. Mr and Mrs Moxon had the newsagency opposite the Modern School drive.

yes that right gosh its a long time ago all this but what a great time we used to have when we were kids and all of it cost nothing.Can you remember the caves in the fields just off yew lane?always cows in the fields.

Yes we went there regularly, I can remember getting lost in the corn field as I was too small to see over the top, the local milk man took me home in his van. My brothers and me all got a fair old beating for that one.

I left colley 79/80

I left Colley in 71 and finished up at Hurlfield for the next three years.

cAN YOU REMEMBER THE COAL MAN BOTTOM OF YEW LANE THINK IT WAS CALLED MAWS.AND THE CHIP SHOP MICKS FISHERIES I WORKED THERE FOR A WHILE WHEN I WAS 15.