Post Office Broadband - Question.

By any chance does anyone else happen to be with the Post Office as their ISP?

I've a Q on the router theyve sent - its a NETGEAR ADSL2+ DM111PSP. I've a spare NETGEAR DG834G v3 and want to set my internet up with that one instead as it's wireless able whereas the DM111PSP one isn't however the thing is I cannot for the life of me find any guides or FAQ's on how to configure them (mainly because the DM111PSP doesn't seem to be a popular router, Netgear's website doesn't even have the router listed! :S). The DM111PSP's config menu (192.168.0.1 > Login) is so confusing and I dunno how to configure the DG834Gv3 properly due to this.

So I was just wondering if anyone else on here happens to have encountered the same situation and if so could advise me on this little issue?

Thanks.

Your probably best off searching on the internet for PO broadband router, its probably a rebadged product. Sky do the same with their netgear router.

I did this why I had SKY and found lots of support pages relevant to my issue ...

try Computer & Tech Chat on this forum

So, you want to use the old router with your new ISP... and want to just copy the settings from the new router?

Right, OK... should just be username and password that need changing really.

Sadly, the Post Office website isn't very helpful about these sorts of things.

This is the standard (Post office) modem..

its a DM111P - the SP has been prefixed ;)

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/Modems/DM111P.aspx?detail=Specifications

this is the router..

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/DG834G.aspx?detail=Specifications

The router should be as simple as plugging it into the PC, going to the configuration page, and running through the internal wizzard to set it up..

you usually just require your username and password for your ISP and the router does the rest..

How's about if I connect the routers together and have the DG834G somehow in a passive mode - reckon that could work?

Yes, it'd probably work... seems a little unnecessary though.

It seriously wont configure itself though, I dunno what to do and I consider myself a techy! :S

....maybe I should re-evaluate...

So if I connect both routers together do u reckon I'd be able to connect to the DG834G through WiFi and use the connection of the DM111P ?

hi ther did ya get ur answer for ur pro,them modems all come pre configed,so al da tryin ya would do would be no good,hope ya got some thing sorted

hi ther did ya get ur answer for ur pro,them modems all come pre configed,so al da tryin ya would do would be no good,hope ya got some thing sorted

And what is that in english please