Please can some help with my laptop

I purchased this laptop:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=SOYA05H1Y&nbs_search=C%3D102%26S%3D1015%26lang%3Den-gb%26K%3D%26M%3DSO

From Insight. It doesnt come with any kind of cd's like operating system office software etc. I turned it on for the 1st time it boots up a bit then i get an error message saying something along the lines of your computer unexpectadly restarted please press ok then restart the installation process. I restart it then get the same message.

What do i do? How do i install the software without andy cds?

Try booting up computer make sure all usb and other devices are removed on boot up press f11 but im not sure could be another F key maybe somone else knows this function on the sony not had anything to do with sony see if you get Recovery Manager from there.

JUST TO ADD DONT GO ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING.

Im taking it you have no option but to restart you could try safe mode first then reboot .

Get it back to the supplier

I assume the OS comes preinstalled with just users customisation to do before the system is ready for use.

You should switch on answer a few questions and you system is ready to use, sounds like you have a bad 'un.

Rare to get system disks these days.

restart the installation process that dosnt sound right thinking about it think i would take it back as grinderbloke says there again upto you you could try above what i put but why should you have to mess about .

Since it is brand new (and you won't be losing owt), you could try doing a system recovery - it MUST be available somehow, either by CD or on laptop itself.

However, you should just ring Insight and tell 'em to take it back and send you one that works...