How to set voicemail to 'off' on Orange PAYG'?

Mrs Draggle's having trouble finding an option to turn off her answering system on Orange PAYG - she goes into voicemail using the default no.123, but no option to turn it off seems available.

Can anyone help?

I'm fairly sure that it needs a call to Customer Services.

Might be worth just ringing Orange (is it still 150?) from the phone and getting them to do it.

Thanks cgksheff and hotphil, I'll tell her.

I'm on 02 and you can just do it yourself from voicemail, bit surprised you couldn't do it on Orange!

Thats how they make their money - the caller pays to leave their msg and you pay to listen, so it's twice as profitable!

A search says that you could also get them (with a little difficulty) to alter her 'Active Divert' settings and that would then allow her to switch Voicemail on and off in the future.

However, as that would also risk her affecting other settings, if she just wants to switch it off once and for all, it is not recommended.

A search says that you could also get them (with a little difficulty) to alter her 'Active Divert' settings and that would then allow her to switch Voicemail on and off in the future.

However, as that would also risk her affecting other settings, if she just wants to switch it off once and for all, it is not recommended.

I'll pass on the info cgksheff, thanks.

turn voicemail off... just disable it on your phone.... its not orange specific... unless you want the phone to ring off and not go to answer phone...

turn voicemail off... just disable it on your phone.... its not orange specific... unless you want the phone to ring off and not go to answer phone...

She couldn't find an option on the phone stimpy, must admit I haven't either on the phones I've had over the years....

She couldn't find an option on the phone stimpy, must admit I haven't either on the phones I've had over the years....

depending what phone it is... the settings are usually under services option under your phone settings.... along with call waiting, barring etc etc