Any one remember Martin Manterfield and crew

Hi folks,

is there anyone out there who remembered Martin Manterfield. I realize he's been dead a while now but I was never able to discover where his grave was. I was a friend of Martin and we studied at Granville catering college in 73 and I also worked with him at the Crucible restaurant in 74. I was out in Jersey most of the late seventies 76-1980. I used to hang with a few of his friends in Sheffield ... all from Pitsmoor area. Pete Flynn ( became a fireman and then went with Janet to live in Miami) Colin Gunstone ... no idea....Graham Beachall ..used to see him in Jersey on a regular basis. Clive ? was there when I got run over in Jersey 1976. Sue Chalesworth his girlfriend.

We all used to hang out ...Blue Bell high street, Dove and Rainbow,

Golden Ball and Crazy Daisy ..usually in that order most nights.

I was addicted to Alcohol and Narcotics and have been clean from everything for 16 years now . Seems a shame I lost touch with such good people. I was devastated to hear of Martins death. I saw him last in Jersey 1988. I went out there again to try and tempt him into forming a band with me and another friend of his in London ( Neil H) from his original band.

I love it when he played the Crazy Daisy ..some of the best nights drunk I ever had. He had a sister called Michelle .

Anybody out there with any news ...please get in touch.

Via here or my website.

Much Love to you Sheffield Folk. David Ian Vaughan

Hi I remember all of you neil used to go out with a girl called carol ,Sorry to hear about martin .I saw this thread and I thought I`m sure I know that name wow this is a deffo blast from the past,I remember sue as well always had loads of gold round her neck :hihi::hihi: Do you remember tall joe and terry. I also remember some of the things you got up to as well:hihi::hihi::hihi::o

Edited by sand_dollars

Hello! I happen to be one of Martin's uncles along with my brothers Brian and Tony.

His dad-Dennis-was sheet metal worker and the place he worked at (the name I forget) was on Kirk St that ran off Gower st.

wilson brothers sheet meatal

Hi I remember all of you neil used to go out with a girl called carol ,Sorry to hear about martin .I saw this thread and I thought I`m sure I know that name wow this is a deffo blast from the past,I remember sue as well always had loads of gold round her neck :hihi::hihi: Do you remember tall joe and terry. I also remember some of the things you got up to as well:hihi::hihi::hihi::o

So sorry for the 2 year delay ;) I remember Tall Joe (Sound engineer-Roadie)

and Terry( Drummer ) if it's these two that you are Talking about. I know Terry died. Often wondered what happened to Joe though ( Now the Blue Bell on High street is closed ) Best wishes and so sorry for the huge delay. David