Any one remember Martin Manterfield and crew

Yes Martin's Dad was called Dennis. :)

Thought it was. Top bloke, he was a sheet metal worker remember my car failing it's test.I took it down to him at work one Saturday. After a bit of measuring he made me some new sills and fitted them.Car passed.

Yes Martin's Dad was called Dennis. :)

Hey up David,, glad your sorted out with finding the info on Manto.

I was at his funeral quite a few years ago now.

Jean, Martins mum is a fantastic lady and saw her a lot but have not seen her the last 2 or 3 years.

Denis his Father has also passed on and I was at his funeral to and Michelle last time saw her lived in firth park and worked on Rawson Spring at the bottom of Herries rd.

Look forward to meeting you David in May when your back up in Sheffield and catch up on some old times.

Paul

Well Paul. I have some good new for you my friend. I spoke to Michelle and Jean last night and they are both doing really great. I start rehearsals with Eric "the main Man" a week on Saturday so I will keep you posted as to our progress in regard to playing your show. I will give you plenty of notice though. You know these things are never best when rushed :)

Glad you are well. Best wishes David.

ps: I will be getting my Cd done professionally sometime in the next 6 weeks so at some stage E-mail me your P.O. Box for the radio at some stage and I will post you the CD a.s.a.p.. ... [email protected]

Thanks Dave I will send you the details on your myspace.

Woops, sorry about saying Jean had passed on, I was told she had so I will swiftly edit that part above.

Thanks Dave...

Hi folks,

is there anyone out there who remembered Martin Manterfield. I realize he's been dead a while now but I was never able to discover where his grave was. I was a friend of Martin and we studied at Granville catering college in 73 and I also worked with him at the Crucible restaurant in 74. I was out in Jersey most of the late seventies 76-1980. I used to hang with a few of his friends in Sheffield ... all from Pitsmoor area. Pete Flynn ( became a fireman and then went with Janet to live in Miami) Colin Gunstone ... no idea....Graham Beachall ..used to see him in Jersey on a regular basis. Clive ? was there when I got run over in Jersey 1976. Sue Chalesworth his girlfriend.

We all used to hang out ...Blue Bell high street, Dove and Rainbow,

Golden Ball and Crazy Daisy ..usually in that order most nights.

I was addicted to Alcohol and Narcotics and have been clean from everything for 16 years now . Seems a shame I lost touch with such good people. I was devastated to hear of Martins death. I saw him last in Jersey 1988. I went out there again to try and tempt him into forming a band with me and another friend of his in London ( Neil H) from his original band.

I love it when he played the Crazy Daisy ..some of the best nights drunk I ever had. He had a sister called Michelle .

Anybody out there with any news ...please get in touch.

Via here or my website.

Much Love to you Sheffield Folk. David Ian Vaughan

David, This must be the same Martin from Harold Height & The Stickers. If it is I remember him as being a great guy :loopy:and we didn't half have some fun in the working men's clubs around Rotherham & Barnsley.

I'm just in the process of transferring a video of a gig from the early 80's onto DVD. The quality's not brilliant, but if you want a copy, please P.M. me

Glad to hear you found what you wanted. Can you help me with something Martin's Dad's name was it Dennis?My Dad was a mate of his. Last time I saw Graham which was a lot of years ago he was running a pub.

Martin's dad WAS called Dennis. He was pals with my dad too. And I was pals with martin. He was my best man at my wedding 30 years ago. Good lad.

Glad to hear you found what you wanted. Can you help me with something Martin's Dad's name was it Dennis?My Dad was a mate of his. Last time I saw Graham which was a lot of years ago he was running a pub.

Graham used to run the Norfolk Arms ??? at the bottom of Gower Street, and was also involved in the Rivelin Hotel, but a while ago.

He now works at Sheffield University but still gigging, male/female

vocal duo.

Graham used to run the Norfolk Arms ??? at the bottom of Gower Street, and was also involved in the Rivelin Hotel, but a while ago.

vocal duo.

Yeah, Graham's been out of the pub scene for some years now. Saw him leading a swing band at Baldwin's a while back - brilliant!

vocal duo.

That was the one thanks been wracking my brains trying to think of it.

Thought it was. Top bloke, he was a sheet metal worker remember my car failing it's test.I took it down to him at work one Saturday. After a bit of measuring he made me some new sills and fitted them.Car passed.

Hello! I happen to be one of Martin's uncles along with my brothers Brian and Tony.

His dad-Dennis-was sheet metal worker and the place he worked at (the name I forget) was on Kirk St that ran off Gower st.

Yeah, Graham's been out of the pub scene for some years now. Saw him leading a swing band at Baldwin's a while back - brilliant!

Not surprised he's into his music,his brother whose name I cant remember had an incredible vinyl collection

Would love to go back to those years, life was so much simpler,or so it seems