The Yorkshire Ripper

53 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I don't have a theory. I have a set of facts as reported locally, nationally, in the courts, in written statements, in biographies and court summaries, written or told nearly 40 years ago. Like "max" we lived/ frequented the area throughout that period, and while theories and opinions flooded the York, Broomhill Tavern etc. nobody came up with yours.

You have a theory based on an opinion which is contradicted by your last statement. Surely if he intended to be caught, he would not have left the "red light area". 

Any opinion that seeks to suggest that he wanted to be caught is contrary to his own police statements and his defence and his submissions during the trial.

Such an opinion is worrying in that it will be perceived to promote a view that he was remorseful of his actions. He was not.

I have never read anything about him being caught away from the red light area. One of the other posters said he was caught close to the red light area. How the hell would you know if nobody shares the same opinion as me. Are you god or something. You seem to be one of those people who believes that you know everything. 

41 minutes ago, doncasterman said:

I have never read anything about him being caught away from the red light area. One of the other posters said he was caught close to the red light area. How the hell would you know if nobody shares the same opinion as me. Are you god or something. You seem to be one of those people who believes that you know everything. 

he was caught close to, not in, which part do you fail to understand?

also you keep saying he was trying to get caught, he wasnt, its decades old common knowledge that he hid his "tools" both at the scene and in the police station. are you a flat earther too? you seem to have your own opinion on the story and despite how many facts are given to you you want to believe your version no matter what

20 hours ago, doncasterman said:

I am entitled to my opinion. Just because you disagree does not mean you are right. I think your theory fails as he did pick reivers up in the red light area.

If he was picking up reivers from the red light area I'd like to know as I come from a family of reivers and I know of only two or three others in Sheffield; none of them in the red light area.

Posts have been removed.

If you cant discuss the subject in a civil manner please refrain from posting.

Also if you receive any unwanted PMs, please report them to us.

Thank you, back on topic.

Edited by nikki-red

4 hours ago, max said:

If he was picking up reivers from the red light area I'd like to know as I come from a family of reivers and I know of only two or three others in Sheffield; none of them in the red light area.

Olivia Reivers was the person who was in Sutcliffes car in January 1981 when he was arrested.   The link below is a true account, if you go to the bottom of the page and continue you will come to Sutcliffes actual statments a few pages on.

http://www.execulink.com/~kbrannen/arrest.htm

Edited by only_me

17 hours ago, only_me said:

Olivia Reivers was the person who was in Sutcliffes car in January 1981 when he was arrested.   The link below is a true account, if you go to the bottom of the page and continue you will come to Sutcliffes actual statments a few pages on.

http://www.execulink.com/~kbrannen/arrest.htm

I see, I saw reference to reivers (lower case r) and thought you meant those from either the Scottish Borders or Firefly .

I remember meeting the woman who was found with Yorkshire Ripper, she was a relative of my friend and she absolutely refused to ever discuss the story. She said she wanted to let it lie and forget it because she was the lucky one.