The Yorkshire Ripper

A pal of mine ,once told me that Sutcliffe was his wife's cousin,i asked if he had ever seen him,and he told me he came to their wedding. Also  i knew a street walker who used to come into our taxi office in Doncaster , after she'd done her 'rounds' at night,she was brutally  murdered in Donny, the same way as Sutcliffe's victims,but somehow  he was never charged with the offence,it used to be on the calendar news every night for months,the newscaster always said he could be a long distance lorry driver etc,etc,as she was  murdered  in the red light area ,where there were a lot of B&B's,this was at the same time that Sutcliffe was  doing these murders,no one was ever charged with the murder.

On 20/12/2004 at 11:33, sparklesista said:

Whhaaaatttt?

If that is true shouldn't they be thinking about locking her up? :loopy:

I hope they keep an eye on these weirdos! :shocked:

There's no accounting for taste?

28 minutes ago, Paddy'O said:

A pal of mine ,once told me that Sutcliffe was his wife's cousin,i asked if he had ever seen him,and he told me he came to their wedding. Also  i knew a street walker who used to come into our taxi office in Doncaster , after she'd done her 'rounds' at night,she was brutally  murdered in Donny, the same way as Sutcliffe's victims,but somehow  he was never charged with the offence,it used to be on the calendar news every night for months,the newscaster always said he could be a long distance lorry driver etc,etc,as she was  murdered  in the red light area ,where there were a lot of B&B's,this was at the same time that Sutcliffe was  doing these murders,no one was ever charged with the murder.

Are you referring to Barbara Young?

yes That's right.

Edited by Paddy'O
wrong box

3 hours ago, Paddy'O said:

yes That's right.

A  few years ago i went to the library to look at old newspapers because i too believed she may have been a ripper victim. It said that she was hit over the head but it didn't say she was hit by a hammer. Also there were no stab wounds. She did not die at the scene of the attack. She went home and to bed and she died in the morning. I suppose she could have been a ripper victim, but it feels unlikely.

What became of Olivia Reivers, does anyone know?

On 28/01/2019 at 13:31, doncasterman said:

A  few years ago i went to the library to look at old newspapers because i too believed she may have been a ripper victim. It said that she was hit over the head but it didn't say she was hit by a hammer. Also there were no stab wounds. She did not die at the scene of the attack. She went home and to bed and she died in the morning. I suppose she could have been a ripper victim, but it feels unlikely.

She didn't go to her own bed,she managed to crawl to a house on Christchurch road area of someone she knew,they put her to bed where she died from a terrible head wound.

1 hour ago, Paddy'O said:

She didn't go to her own bed,she managed to crawl to a house on Christchurch road area of someone she knew,they put her to bed where she died from a terrible head wound.

Any idea which weapon was used?

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:57, doncasterman said:

Then why did he go back to the red light area? The previous prostitute he killed was in 1978. He knew the police would be all over the red light districts.

He was not caught in or near a "red light" area.

Your theory fails because she directed him from Broomhall Street  in the "red light" area,  passed many "suitable" locations in the "red light" area to an area unknown to him.

What he did not know was at the time, and I was there, the Police presence in Broomhill was considerable and very obvious because of the threat to young women* making their way to/from Hunters Bar and some Halls of Residence to the Broomhill pubs, the University and Hospitals.

She certainly knew where she was going. He had lost control over the situation and got caught.

Nobody who knew the area then or now, would give any mileage to this attempt to create yet another myth in which he "... intended to get caught that night." He was caught in the car park of offices in Broomhill off Melbourne. A very quiet lane noted by the Police for being a "lovers lane". 

*There would still be many foreign and post grad students around on January 2nd.

I was there on the morning he was caught, or rather there twice bracketing the time he was caught. I was delivering mail to the offices along there and we used to drop the mail off first thing and then return later to deliver the items which needed signing for.

Between the first and second visit must have been when the police arrested him as on the second visit there was police tape around the drive of one of the offices and I was not allowed access.

7 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

He was not caught in or near a "red light" area.

Your theory fails because she directed him from Broomhall Street  in the "red light" area,  passed many "suitable" locations in the "red light" area to an area unknown to him.

What he did not know was at the time, and I was there, the Police presence in Broomhill was considerable and very obvious because of the threat to young women* making their way to/from Hunters Bar and some Halls of Residence to the Broomhill pubs, the University and Hospitals.

She certainly knew where she was going. He had lost control over the situation and got caught.

Nobody who knew the area then or now, would give any mileage to this attempt to create yet another myth in which he "... intended to get caught that night." He was caught in the car park of offices in Broomhill off Melbourne. A very quiet lane noted by the Police for being a "lovers lane". 

*There would still be many foreign and post grad students around on January 2nd.

I am entitled to my opinion. Just because you disagree does not mean you are right. I think your theory fails as he did pick reivers up in the red light area.

34 minutes ago, doncasterman said:

I am entitled to my opinion. Just because you disagree does not mean you are right. I think your theory fails as he did pick reivers up in the red light area.

I don't have a theory. I have a set of facts as reported locally, nationally, in the courts, in written statements, in biographies and court summaries, written or told nearly 40 years ago. Like "max" we lived/ frequented the area throughout that period, and while theories and opinions flooded the York, Broomhill Tavern etc. nobody came up with yours.

You have a theory based on an opinion which is contradicted by your last statement. Surely if he intended to be caught, he would not have left the "red light area". 

Any opinion that seeks to suggest that he wanted to be caught is contrary to his own police statements and his defence and his submissions during the trial.

Such an opinion is worrying in that it will be perceived to promote a view that he was remorseful of his actions. He was not.