The Yorkshire Ripper

It was in the press the other week about someone wanting to marry him. What kind of a person would want to marry someone like that?

Originally posted by Lickszz

It was in the press the other week about someone wnting to marry him. What kind of a person would want to marry someone like that?

Whhaaaatttt?

If that is true shouldn't they be thinking about locking her up? :loopy:

I hope they keep an eye on these weirdos! :shocked:

Originally posted by sparklesista

Whhaaaatttt?

If that is true shouldn't they be thinking about locking her up? :loopy:

I hope they keep an eye on these weirdos! :shocked:

Hopefully a CIVIL LIBERTY plonker would marry him, after all, it's their job to protect his rights. Just as it is, to ensure Abul Hamza can sue the government for not looking after him properly (via the NHS), just as they will ensure Maxine Carr can be granted a new identity to protect her against the nasty mob after her blood (poor little darling). And then there's the case of the Jamie Bulger 'murderers'. Can I use such harsh language.

Yeh, under the protection of their CIVIL RIGHTS, they too can be guaranteed an anonymous life, hopefully one full of joy and riches and maybe, who knows, the chance to do the same again!

Let's hear it for Civil Liberties (and The Guardian, Polly Toynbee, et al).

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Hopefully a CIVIL LIBERTY plonker would marry him, after all, it's their job to protect his rights. Just as it is, to ensure Abul Hamza can sue the government for not looking after him properly (via the NHS), just as they will ensure Maxine Carr can be granted a new identity to protect her against the nasty mob after her blood (poor little darling). And then there's the case of the Jamie Bulger 'murderers'. Can I use such harsh language.

Yeh, under the protection of their CIVIL RIGHTS, they too can be guaranteed an anonymous life, hopefully one full of joy and riches and maybe, who knows, the chance to do the same again!

Ousetunes you were born out of time and out of place. How about pre-war Mississippi? You could really have vented your spleen on Civil Righters then, what a shame.

Originally posted by Ned Ludd

Ousetunes you were born out of time and out of place. How about pre-war Mississippi? You could really have vented your spleen on Civil Righters then, what a shame.

Too many grey hairs admittedly, but no, just this side of the summer of love. Impressed you got all the s's in Mississippi though.

Merry Christmas, Ned.

That's very CIVIL of you:P Cheers.

All the best to you as well, have a good one.

I recall a television documentary on Sutcliffe of a few years ago, in which his father was interviewed and filmed at home. One memorable moment was the father's anger towards the police. They had not allowed him to keep his son's tools [some of which had been used in imaginative ways in the course of the Ripper's atrocious crimes]. "They are all I have of him", said Mr Sutcliffe [senior].

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Carr is allegedly living not far from Sheffield, I won't name the town, but it's only a 20 minute drive from Sheffield,and of course she enjoys the full protection of the law (shame) and no it's not Clay Cross.

Originally posted by timo

I recall a television documentary on Sutcliffe of a few years ago, in which his father was interviewed and filmed at home. One memorable moment was the father's anger towards the police. They had not allowed him to keep his son's tools [some of which had been used in imaginative ways in the course of the Ripper's atrocious crimes]. "They are all I have of him", said Mr Sutcliffe [senior].

Well at least we know he inherited his mentality from his dad and not his mum then! :loopy::?

It was indeed on Melbourne Avenue that he was arrested. I was delivering the post down there the next morning and (perhaps) if I'd spotted the hammer and screwdriver which were hidden behind an oil tank next to the letter box there would have been no evidence. :o

Incidentally, we used to live on College Street just below Melbourne Avenue and the night before we had been drinking in The Notty. My other half left early and I persuaded her not to go down Beech Hill Road, as that was where the nurses homes were, but to stick to the main road - past the end of Melbourne Avenue. She is still convinced I knew he was there.

Better luck next time Max....Psssst wanna buy some powdered glass? :heyhey: