Sign in to follow this  

What is the best way to stop smoking?

how can you stop smoking what is the best way to stop

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Don't buy a packet of cigarettes :lol:

its not that easy wish it was

Originally posted by marie1951

its not that easy wish it was

I imagine it's a good policy to do whatever DaBouncer tells you. His response was an instruction not a suggestion!

Everytime you want a cigarette DaBouncer will punch you really hard 8)

You can get help from your GP on the NHS.

Dont know exactly what help but it might save you a lot of money, buying patches etc.

Doh, your in Canada.

Am I stupid or what.

So sorry.

:cry:

You have to change your psychology to smoking, it takes a while because it has to go into your subconcious, but if you really think about the amount of harm you are doing to your body every time you have a smoke, you will soon no longer enjoy smoking and after a while it becomes a hassle to smoke.

Physically, patches help the nicotine withdrawal, lollipops give your mouth and hands something to do to replace the habit, and exercise makes you realise that it would be much nicer to be able to run without getting all out of breath.

Don't beat yourself up to much if you do fail to give up the first few times but don't give up trying to give up.

I haven't read this book myself but I've heard that it's supposed to be pretty good:

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking

I've read it and it is very good, but you really have to want to stop smoking for it to work.

I thought I wanted to, but I was actually too scared to quit. Stopped once and failed, I must try again and soon, but feeling that you have failed before you beginis something of a handicap.

Giving up tobacco is difficult, but after the first few weeks it gets easier and easier. I'm coming up for almost a year with no tobacco now - I'd always said to myself I'd chuck it in on my 35th birthday and when that came around, it was like a switch in my head had been thrown and from then on it was easy. Uncomfortable for the first few weeks, but now I don't even want one when I'm having a beer and half my mates are smoking, which is usually the hardest time to resist.

If you want to enough, then you will. If you can't do it, then perhaps the time isn't right?

Thats exactly what happened to me, when i was 16 a nurse at college told us that we would all give up by the time we are 25, that has stuck in my head and within 2 months of turning 25 i have given up! Must be a weird subconcious thing.