Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

at school was friends with Denise Stead, she had an older sister called Diane a younger sister called Edna and a brother John.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now we are getting somewhere

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now we are getting somewhere

john stead did he not want to be a jockey and live near katrina homes and the carrs. and the dysons. must be fifty years last time i saw j stead he was only young then

john stead did he not want to be a jockey and live near katrina homes and the carrs. and the dysons. must be fifty years last time i saw j stead he was only young then

the steads i knew lived upside of Banners in the 60s early 70s

the steads i knew lived upside of Banners in the 60s early 70s

thats them can remember john small lad back in the 60s

you may know a few more mc donalds, neil short, turners , graysons cant think of any more its the old gray matter going, liversage, barrets, clarks,sutcliffs, butterlys.struts, i will try to remember more

strutts yes, liversage yes and clarkes yes

Couple of names Dawson's sharrocks Buckleys the guy I remember from pig stys was Mick Gott ?

mick mallany. glen myers , paul abardy shaun gurrdon ,duggy white,pete swan,kevin hickingbottom, the jacksons, avorys, pete hill

( and me)

Edited by backwardben
moved it

My partner lived on Howden St till around 1964.

Her name was then Janet Hanson and she went to Maltby St school.

Her dad was Les, who was a builder, and her mum was Daisy.

would you be any relation to adavid hanson of bright street carbrook

would you be any relation to adavid hanson of bright street carbrook

Sorry she's not aware of a David in her immediate family

I used to live on Beall St next to Huntsmans Gardens School. I don't remember you guys - but I used hang out with a buddy who lived on Baltic Rd called Arthur Higgins. He lived in the yard about half way up the street on the right. This would be early sixties. If you look in the book about Attercliffe by Michael Liversedge (spelling??) there's a picture looking up Baltic Rd. In the picture you can see Arthur's grandmother in what was her usual 'perch' looking over the bit of a wall that faced down the street. I left Attercliffe in 1963. One item that used to determine who you knew in Attercliffe as kids was which secondary school you ended up in - Hartley Brook or Hatfield House Lane. Those of us that didn't make the grammar schools of course. Lot of rivalry in my day between the two. Both my mum and dad worked at the Baltic Bakery on Baltic Lane for a while in the 50's. Take care

Hi mickr do you remember Michael & Geoffrey Davis lived at 40 Beall st around 1958

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 18:54 ----------

I used to live on Beall St next to Huntsmans Gardens School. I don't remember you guys - but I used hang out with a buddy who lived on Baltic Rd called Arthur Higgins. He lived in the yard about half way up the street on the right. This would be early sixties. If you look in the book about Attercliffe by Michael Liversedge (spelling??) there's a picture looking up Baltic Rd. In the picture you can see Arthur's grandmother in what was her usual 'perch' looking over the bit of a wall that faced down the street. I left Attercliffe in 1963. One item that used to determine who you knew in Attercliffe as kids was which secondary school you ended up in - Hartley Brook or Hatfield House Lane. Those of us that didn't make the grammar schools of course. Lot of rivalry in my day between the two. Both my mum and dad worked at the Baltic Bakery on Baltic Lane for a while in the 50's. Take care

do you remember the Davis family lived at 40 Beall street, aprox

Hi i'm steve swift i lived at 21 janson street till 1957 when i was 5. We then moved to carbrook conservative club . My mum and dad became steward and stewardess. Wonderfull times. I'm desperate to contact Yvonne Ware. Anybody know of her? She lived on Carltonville road.