Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

marilyn lived opposite me on rotherham st she was a couple of years older than me her mother was called shelia they came to live just round corner from me at ecclesfield i knew marilyns relation ron christ he was a big friend of my cousin john sears he came off fell rd

Fell Rd was the one next to Whitworth Lane wasn't it? Did you go to Coleridge Rd too or did you move to Hadfield House Lane? My next door neighbour (and still my friend) Pat Langstaff had to go to Hadfield House Lane (she's about 59 now). 2 other names I remember from your side of Attercliffe Common is Michael Healey and Terence Pashley.

Fell Rd was the one next to Whitworth Lane wasn't it? Did you go to Coleridge Rd too or did you move to Hadfield House Lane? My next door neighbour (and still my friend) Pat Langstaff had to go to Hadfield House Lane (she's about 59 now). 2 other names I remember from your side of Attercliffe Common is Michael Healey and Terence Pashley.

no howden road was after withworth lane then fell rd i went to hatfield house lane about 1968 left in 1972 when i got a job still lived down cliffe then marilyn christ had a sister think they called her katherine and then had another sister a lot younger as i recall i dont recall those names you said they must be a bit older than me

I lived on Broad Oaks ,,just off staniforth road in the 60s, woodbournites used to fight the wybournites on the pit hill

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 20:34 ----------

remember Jennings hardware store, also use to sell a little bit of fishing tackle, Bridge chip shop, twostep chip shop, georgie woods barbers

Think Marilyn's first surname was Crisp. Wot a great are in the 50/60's. Great grounding for life.

I lived on Broad Oaks ,,just off staniforth road in the 60s, woodbournites used to fight the wybournites on the pit hill

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 20:34 ----------

remember Jennings hardware store, also use to sell a little bit of fishing tackle, Bridge chip shop, twostep chip shop, georgie woods barbers

I lived on Cottingham Street, left there in 1966. I remember a few people that lived on Broad Oaks.

My gran and grandad lived on Swan Street mr/ mrs Appelbey My other gran lived on Coleridge Road Ada Frost was her name :thumbsup:

I was born at 31baker in 1960 my parents were jeffrey and Mary Craig the grubs lived next door I remember the McDonald's at the big corner house opposite blanchards corner shop where my mum sent me to get groceries on tick till Friday

My grandma Annie Southwell lived on ferneough st I went to huntsman s garden school where miss zimny taught me when I wes 5

I remember the meahs who were 1 of the first Asian families on our street

The giant snowball all the kids made rolling around otter st

The RSPCA lady who lived on Lawrence st

The Sunday school at the church on Zion lane

My favourite smell was the herbalist shop that was at the side of the horse and jockey

sorry paul you are slightly mistaken the grubbs lived at 35 baker st the birds lived at 37 baker street the halls lived at 33 baker street your dad had a motor bike if my memory serves me right a big vincent 1000 great people what great times walking across the yard to the lavy especially in winter

sorry paul you are slightly mistaken the grubbs lived at 35 baker st the birds lived at 37 baker street the halls lived at 33 baker street your dad had a motor bike if my memory serves me right a big vincent 1000 great people what great times walking across the yard to the lavy especially in winter

I don't remember the motor bike remember my dad had a ford Anglia we had a green house in the back yard which Raymond hall put his grass snake in the bloody thing escaped into our house and my mum was confronted by it inthe kitchen when jeff got back from the attercliffe rads club he pasted it with the bloody poker and told Raymond that it had escaped

Great days down the cliffe truly missed

it was raymond bird who did the grass snake who lived at 37 baker street with his nan and yes your dad did have a ford anglia car after the bike he had an accident on the bike and so decided to buy a car i was the one who used to take him out with the l plates on had quite a few runs to cleethorpes while he was learning

Knew a few people down bakers street,the pig man mr Hallam and son Irvin, the Ellis family,the macdonals,the ashmores the pyms, R Bird, jimmy house, good footballer the rigs, scoch nora all come to mind

hi raymondo did not know the pig man but knew all the other people you mentioned jimmy house was a good footballer i think he had a trial for sheff u my mother knew his mother quite well as my youngest brother was about the same age as jimmy did you live in baker street or nearby