Anyone from Attercliffe 1961/68 who knew John and Alan Smith

yep remember shaws hairdressers, my granma lifed on berkley rd and we lifed on fell rd so was always walking past.and in same class as michelle at carbrook. robert shaw lives next door to us now, is doreens and bills nephew.small world.

...................last I heard about the Shaws, they moved to Harthill(?) are they still about?

names i remember are Paul Alderson,Paul Neville Stephen Davis
hi paul alderson is my brother and i think i remember paul neville

i lived on goulder place near wymans

we lived bright street paul went to carbrook county school

I remember all the Cutts Family. Geoff & Elsie used the Rec at first but then moved onto my road, Whitworth Lane. Geoff's parents his sister Kathleen, and brothers Jack and Mick also lived on Whitworth Lane. Not sure what happened to the kids but I do know that Jeanette worked at a Herdings school and also one at Stradbroke but that was a few years ago now.
hya my parents elsie and geoff cutts are well kath and jack fine but sadly mick passed away 7years ago mum and dad went on to have 11 kids im the youngest they have 27 grandkids and 9 greatgrandkids

There was a Jack Cutts in my school year at Colleridge Road School.About 1956 to 1960

The Peck and Fletcher families, Selbourne St and Woodbourne Rd respectively, I'm still in touch with both families.

i lived on ripon street and remember the fletchers.

hya my parents elsie and geoff cutts are well kath and jack fine but sadly mick passed away 7years ago mum and dad went on to have 11 kids im the youngest they have 27 grandkids and 9 greatgrandkids

Hello, only just come back on the site. So sorry to hear about Mick - he was very close to my brother's age but my dad knew him best of all - and it was him that got Mick a job at Rossells many years ago. Your Dad, Geoff is my oldest brother's age - they used to live at the back of Attercliffe Rec before moving onto Whitworth Lane, across the road from us and near to your grandparents. Just mention Keith & David Rogerson - they were all friends from being kids. Your grandad Jack and my dad, Jack were also very good friends. Nice to hear from someone from the 'old days'. The houses may well have been too small and we had no bathrooms or indoor toilets but my family certainly miss the atmosphere of Attercliffe - especially the 'wander up the 'Cliffe' on a Saturday afternoon to Banners and Littlewoods/Hitchens.

Hello, only just come back on the site. So sorry to hear about Mick - he was very close to my brother's age but my dad knew him best of all - and it was him that got Mick a job at Rossells many years ago. Your Dad, Geoff is my oldest brother's age - they used to live at the back of Attercliffe Rec before moving onto Whitworth Lane, across the road from us and near to your grandparents. Just mention Keith & David Rogerson - they were all friends from being kids. Your grandad Jack and my dad, Jack were also very good friends. Nice to hear from someone from the 'old days'. The houses may well have been too small and we had no bathrooms or indoor toilets but my family certainly miss the atmosphere of Attercliffe - especially the 'wander up the 'Cliffe' on a Saturday afternoon to Banners and Littlewoods/Hitchens.

Hi Jacqui

I sent a thread a while ago stating that I came from Philimore rd school and then onto Coleridge, I never replied so I must apologise. The friends that I remember from school are Ron Sidebottom ( still see Ron) Dave Evo Evans Ron Pilkington Bill Burgin Jim Exton Sadly bIll and Jim no longer with us.

The girls that I recall are Linda Wariss Eileen Smith Jean Wheeler Jaquline Rogerson plus loads that have slipped my mind/

My name is George Stevens I live in Skegness with My wife but Rmemeber Coleride road with great affection.