Sheffield landlords and landladies past

Doe's anyone remember Bill and Edith Gandy from the Wharncliffe Hotel at Firth Park. This was a real pub before all this namby pamby theme things. It was a pub for real live music and on the odd occation a bit off dispute, but full of characertures, that is real people.

i remember them it was my local at that time you could always find me on the dart board in the small tap room as was then my brothers used it more than me we lived up bevercotes

my parents Jack & Eileen had pubs in Sheffield their last one was Fox House,Hathersage Rd (1973-1990)

Red Lion (Behind the City Hall) 1969-1973

remember Bill and Maggie @ the foresters Division St

John and Anne Costello

Tony & Patricia Baines (also Foresters)

many more great landlords and ladies

My uncle Tommy Hannan and his wife Rene, ran the Duk eof york, at Darnall and the Old Crown at Handsworth, anybody remember them

what about dougie and hilda at the matilda on matilda street great pub great beer great regulars from all over sheffield mainly cos it was a pigeon marking station afterbird dancing was good times shame its boarded up now!!!

Had some good times with Garth & Wendy when they ran the Brown Cow, Mowbray Street. Wendy has since died, bless her.

Jean died several years ago, and I'm not sure where John is now, but I have fond memories of the Sportsman. In fact is was John who drove my ex to the church when he missed his train to our wedding- come to think of it, maybe he shouldn't have bothered!

John sadly died a few years ago now. I used to drink with him occassionally in the Park Hotel, Hillsborough.

Bill Birks from The Penny Black, Big Tree, Brincliffe Oaks and Cross Scythes.

Roger Nowill from The Frog & Parrott.

John Hamre from Shakespeare, Hillsbrough.

Brian Wise from The Big Tree.

Albert & May Potts from The Sportsman, Harvey Clough Road.

Mick & Pauline Gent of The Sherwood & The Millhouses.

Peter from The Broadfield.

Barry from The Woodthorpe.

Terry from The Cutlers Arms.

Had some good times with Garth & Wendy when they ran the Brown Cow, Mowbray Street. Wendy has since died, bless her.

Hi Pete i know Garth and the late Wendy, we had a pub in Brinsworth which they once ran, Wendy was one of the nicest women you could meet and Garth was such a character, you could not go home he would keep you entertained all day.

As a Blade I remember the Landsdowne on London Road.

Royal Oak on Cemetry Road with Ann and Bill Stannaway before they took over Yorkshire Grey and The Barrel.

Gary Sinclair was then doing Disco and Quiz nights in the Yorkshire Grey.

My late wife's father Dick Crawshaw had the The Windsor Hotel, Wybourn from about 1957 to 1960, and had the Union at Nether Edge in the early 40s. Also my Grandmother and her second husband Billy Lee ran the Travellers on the Moor in the 50s and later moved to the Robin Hood at Millhouses.

what about dougie and hilda at the matilda on matilda street great pub great beer great regulars from all over sheffield mainly cos it was a pigeon marking station afterbird dancing was good times shame its boarded up now!!!

doug mountain,an old meynell road schoolboy,big mates with terry venables,i was trying to remember his name when i came across this thread, my own personal favourites were frank ash at the railway,wadsley bridge,and rita & chris nicholson at the parson cross hotel

was garth the bloke who had the growth on his head? i remember neil and his sister having the bull & oak,stewart & win having the hare & hounds,douggie & wilf the viaduct, the pinders had the station,great nights out on a weekend down there,i could weep when i see what they have done to the wicker in the name of progress,legalised vandalism i call it