Paddington Bear - illegal immigrant ?

According to this article Paddington Bear is to be arrested and questioned over his immigration status.

He has no papers to prove his identity as his Aunt Lucy arranged for him to hide on a ship's lifeboat from Peru when she went to live in the Home for Retired Bears in Lima.

What should be done about this immigrant who has been here 50 years and has still not adopted British values ?

gerr'im sent back! (:lol: ) and that sponging aunt of his too!

Bluddi marmalade-scrounger! ah cant get mi breath!

Coming o'er 'ere, and tekkin us houses, us jobs and us women! (not to mention nickin' all the marmalade!) lol and as for all that hanging around the peace gardens in a leather jacket, talking on a mobile phone! well, that shud be an 'angin' offence!

What should be done about this immigrant who has been here 50 years and has still not adopted British values ?

Oh..? What could be more British than a love of marmalade ? :)

I hope the new book opts not to use the phrase 'Darkest Peru' as it's racist. :o

As is 'The Brown Family'. :rant:

I'm personally amazed that this bear is called Paddington and not Muhammed :D

I can hardly bear this latest immigraton news and it should give us all paws for thought. The whole topic is just polarising people. If we can't just give each other a hug, what's the point of it all ? I'm so upset I'm actually hiber-venti-nating [ ? sp. ] and can only prey for a return to normality.

Or I can drown my sorrows, I suppose, in the pubs and cubs. If I knew where Peru was, I'd say, " Send him back to where he came from ." Do trains run from Paddington to Peru, by the way ?

I doubt, after all this time, that immigration can Peru-ve he entered illegally.

There is a global bear conspiracy afoot. I have it on good authority that Nutwood, the home of Rupert the Bear, is actually home to an Al-Qaieda training cell.

I also spotted Bungle coming out of the Finsbury Park Mosque clutching anti-western literature.

I did have my name down for the annual teddy bear's picnic....but now I am wondering if it is a front for something a little more sinister!!:o

After all the song does say "if you go down in the woods today you'll be sure of a big surprise"..........:suspect: