Freeview signal problems in Walkley?

Is anyone encountering signal loss on digital freeview - im in Walkley

Already read that - its a different problem. Could it be the weather?

Well I get bbc1 and bbc2 and history channel only.

It's been like that for the last month. :huh:

What's yours doing, or not doing?

(I'm in Netherthorpe btw)

my advice call out an aerial engineer you might need a new aerial

give this company

lomas aerials

a ring

07768 772080

Ive got all my channels but intermittantly it cuts out them a few seconds later comes back - very annoying. I had a new ariel last year.

....but only when the weather is wet, windy or cold.

Should I expect reception to be improved as the digital switch-over date approaches ? Or might I need someone to come and ensure that my 5-year-old aerial is aligned correctly ?

Is there a website which can answer these questions ? I've not been able to find one.....

Speaking of aerials for digital viewing. I live on Jordanthorpe and the block of flats I live in has a communal aerial, does anyone know what Council Dept. aerials come under? When we have to switch to digital I assume it will be changed/realigned by that Dept.

Very often when wet weather causes problems it is water getting into the cable, try pulling the aerial plug out and checking for any water dripping out of the end or corrosion of the plug.

If the cable runs down the slates and is loose, holes are soon worn in the insulation allowing the water to penetrate, once this happens the cable will need replacing.

i think its due to the weather,when its fine i get all the channels,when cold or wet it knocks the signal down on certain channels,have a look,some read 50 + i get those,others read around 40 which are the ones that are breaking up.

we have exactly the same problem with signal cutting out and then coming back on again, and our ariel is in the loft, it is very annoying though:(