Police pay and strike action in Sheffield?

PC PIKE could have been completing paperwork, eating his meal, collecting evidence or any number of other duties when the call came in. compare this to the sad case of the manchester PCSO incident where sadly a young man lost his life and PCSO's did not enter the water...

I was wondering how long it would be before PCSO'S were mentioned

What have they got to do with police pay ?????? i suppose its all there fault? or could it be the Specials as they work for nothing.

The pay rise is only to do with the general rise in the cost of living. Most occupations get an annual rise each year to keep them in line with everyone else. Why shouldn't the police get this too?

My understanding is that they have been awarded a rise but it should have been backdated to September, however it has been decided at Government level that it will start from December, effectively making the rise a lot smaller than it should be.

This is what the dispute is about.

My understanding is that they have been awarded a rise but it should have been backdated to September, however it has been decided at Government level that it will start from December, effectively making the rise a lot smaller than it should be.

This is what the dispute is about.

You're quite right. I wonder what would happen if 50,000 police all handed in their notice next Monday and went to get private security work. Something tells me the backdating-to-September would be implemented pretty quickly.

It is the DVLA along with NCP who clamp cars and remove them nothing to do with the police. And police officers have to eat to or are they only allowed to bring packed lunches now?

:rolleyes:

i have two words to describe the police first word sounds like bucking other sounds like tankers :|

Caught you did they.

Having worked with the police I can say that my experience has been mainly positive - there have been rare occasions when I felt things could have been done better, but these are rare.

if u knew why i hate the police u would change u mind big time

if u knew why i hate the police u would change u mind big time

Why would anyone change `U` mind based on YOUR opinion / experiences ?? :loopy:

You are entitled to your opinion but thinking that will and should alter someone elses is very narrow minded and totally off topic !

The discussion is about the pay award to the Police not being back dated. Better if it continues in that vein and not on the abusive slant your obviously headed for.....:rolleyes:

i have two words to describe the police first word sounds like bucking other sounds like tankers :|

mmmm................case proven..........narrow minded ! :help:

Very mature.

PC PIKE could have been completing paperwork, eating his meal, collecting evidence or any number of other duties when the call came in. compare this to the sad case of the manchester PCSO incident where sadly a young man lost his life and PCSO's did not enter the water...

I was wondering how long it would be before PCSO'S were mentioned

What have they got to do with police pay ?????? i suppose its all there fault? or could it be the Specials as they work for nothing.

Maybe nothing to do with Police pay directly, unless you consider that the increase in PCSO's v fully trained PC roles and finances are directly linked. Deepends on your stand point really.

I've got a lot more respect for rank-and-file policemen since I read "Wasting Police Time" by David Copperfield. He came across as a decent, fair man battling against mindless bureaucracy and unnecessary government targets.

A simple question.Do you think their pay is enough or not & do you think they have a right to strike.

I think the lines of the Sergeant in Robocop ring true here, "You're Police Officers, NOT Plumbers, and Police Officers DON'T strike"