Christmas lights on houses

Many of the houses on Abbeydale Park Rise off Abbeydale Rd South decorate the blossom trees on the road - well worth a look!

I saw the most amazing ChristmasBlingHouse yesterday on Ashfurlong Road, just off Dore Road - simply amazing with moving reindeer too!

I recently did a thread on this subject but the mods (as ever) pulled it. I did have a particular firm standpoint on the subject. And that is that anyone capable of such conspicuous energy waste in an era of global meltdown is scum and deserves to be murdered in their beds.

Apart from that, anyone that does it is advertising the fact they have limited brain capacity and no sense of taste.

I fear though that expressing such opinions only incurred the wrath of the povs and the Stigs.

Our little nephew is coming to stay for Christmas and he loves to see houses with loads of santas and lights on them - where are there any good ones in Sheffield I can take him to see?

Thanks,

Melly

Hey nice one...I was going to start this thread last night...took the kids oout but quite disappointing...the usual places werent upto much!

There's a nice house on Marsh Lane (drive through Coal Aston and head to Eckington). The lady who owns it (Wendy) will be happy for kids to have a look around and you'll probably get a mince pie thrown in.

If you go up to Abbeydale Park Rise, the whole road is decorated, it really looks lovely.

go on to denmark rd at heeley there is one at the other end from the nursery that has a real good display on

The Manor House on Ivy Park Road is well worth a look, quite spectacular and professional. Whirlow Park Rd used to be worth a drive-by, but I haven't been for a couple of years so it may have changed.

Thanks everyone - really good suggestions - you'll have made a four year old very happy!

If you go up to Abbeydale Park Rise, the whole road is decorated, it really looks lovely.

I agree with Abbeydale Park, it's a good effort....

The Manor House on Ivy Park Road is well worth a look, quite spectacular and professional.

Drove out of our way specially on the way home last night to look at this one - a very good effort.