Which band really irritates you?

Daniel (I'll pretned I'm on the verge of crying whenever I sing to convey the pain I'm feeling inside) Beddingfield

Travis/Coldplay/Snow patrol.....pass me the bag I wanna hurl at this whiney derivative pointless nothing.....sheeesh.

Celine (Ill make a whole album about the joy of having a child cos Im like the only person its ever happened to and I must tell everyone) Dion. And she's ****.

I thought Ronan Keating had done 1 good song until I realised it was a cover!

The Streets really get my blood bubbling!

What really irritates me is people who call vocal groups bands. Bands are people who play music. Not people who jig about and sing accompanyment to a backing track.

Bucks Fizz - Pop Group

Rolling Stones - An R&B Band

Spice Girls - Pop Group

The Streets - (A bloke who makes up music on his own and gets a few mates to help him here and there)

The Corrs - Bland but they're a band

Darkness - Band

Goldie Lookin' Chain - Not sure, think they're a collective?

Ronan Keating - Solo Artist

Originally posted by muddycoffee

What really irritates me is people who call vocal groups bands. Bands are people who play music. Not people who jig about and sing accompanyment to a backing track.

Bucks Fizz - Pop Group

Rolling Stones - An R&B Band

Spice Girls - Pop Group

The Streets - (A bloke who makes up music on his own and gets a few mates to help him here and there)

The Corrs - Bland but they're a band

Darkness - Band

Goldie Lookin' Chain - Not sure, think they're a collective?

Ronan Keating - Solo Artist

You're absolutely right, of course, Muddycoffee.

Normally I'm very careful about how I use the word 'band', and it doesn't belong anywhere near anything to do with Simon Fuller et al, so I do apologise.

StarSparkle :(

Im sorry StarSparkle I wasn't having a go at anyone on here. It's just the music industry in general, who have cheapened the talents of people who can play. Makes me really mad. But it's too late now as the word Band is now common parlence for Pop Group which does sound old fashioned now.

Some bands are so bland that everytime i hear them, a little bit of sick comes up into my mouth just to give me something to think/retch about.

Such bands are Maroon 5 and Keane...

I can't stand them, at all!

Wilf

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Im sorry StarSparkle I wasn't having a go at anyone on here. It's just the music industry in general, who have cheapened the talents of people who can play. Makes me really mad. But it's too late now as the word Band is now common parlence for Pop Group which does sound old fashioned now.

It's ok, Muddycoffee, I was really having a go at myself! I pride myself on my musical tastes, and take a lot of care usually in who I call a band, and am really embarrassed to have slipped up!

It's just that, as you say, Pop Group or even just Group sounds very old-fashioned now. Perhaps we should invent a new word to cover manufactured, Svengali-led, talentless purveyors of pap who probably don't even sing the material (written by someone else), never mind play the instruments.

Anyway, I agree with everything you say above.

Cheers,

StarSparkle :thumbsup:

Beutiful south

U2

Just 2 of so many

I have another one to add to my opinion of Beautiful South, who I think are lacking. In their music/lyric writing skills.

Space. Good idea and ok writing, but just not good enough execution. Their frontman in an interview explained that he was trying to make unusual music which had an old time feel and a sort of Noel Coward Vocal. Which is a great sentiment, but it just wasn't ridiculous enough. At the time I used to play walking basslines in the ******** band, and I could make them ten times more rediculous/interesting. And his version of a noel coward vocal made him seem like his english was bad, rather than a Noel kind of speech impediment. Especially when he said " female is more deadly than the male" which sounded like deadlier than the male" which used to rev me right off the clock. If his pronunciation was much clearer it would have worked. :rant:

I know they have been mentioned many times but McFly are totally annoying.

U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2

The Dirty Three.. most boring bands of the moment:

Embrace

Coldplay

Travis

(sorry :))