Which band really irritates you?

As hardly anyone eagerly awaits their third album, I've been pretty much spot on so far, dontcha think? ;)

No need to wait, just play an Oasis album on the wrong speed and away you go...

You're not Starsparkle under a new username, are you? I did used to love our little spats about your favourite band.

No.

Call me Nostradamus, but 2 years ago at the height of their fame, I predicted how the Arctic Monkeys career would progress in this post. As hardly anyone eagerly awaits their third album, I've been pretty much spot on so far, dontcha think? ;)

As this is a forum - somewhere to discuss and debate opinions rather than squabble over and rubbish them - I'll happily discuss your opinions with you. I'm not going to massage your ego though. You seem to be doing enough of that yourself ;).

So, the first album was a massive success with fans and critics alike. I don't think that's a point you can argue. You're right to an extent about their second album in that the inspiration for it seemed to be gleaned more from their experiences as a band in the public eye rather than school, growing up and going out but still, where's the crime in that? The album is still packed with great riffs, rock-roaring intros and outros, anthems and melodies, much to the delight of existing fans and new audiences alike. And the third album, who can say? Have you polled the public for their opinion or ar you basing your statement on your's and your mates' opinion? I guess we'll see how well it is anticipated when the promo starts and how well it is received when it goes on sale.

No need to wait, just play an Oasis album on the wrong speed and away you go...
Why don't you try it and see if you're right? Or indeed wrong.

To be honest, I've only got involved in this debate as I dared to question someone's statement that they were "talentless". How dare I? :rolleyes:

I cant believe that only 1 person has said Arctic Monkeys!!!

What a bunch of talentless wannabees!!! Just a case of right place, right time. Stick them in a field with that bloke who wears that stupid hat all the time and thinks he is the saviour of music (I know his name but like Candyman if you say his name 3 times he ends up on the front cover of tomorrows newspaper just for being an idiot!!

Oh and U2!!

I normally say Artic Monkeys but obviously on here it tends to cause outrage! They are pretty pap but saying that it will be interesting to hear what they have done with Mr Homme

I have deleted a number of posts with offensive language. Masked swearing isn't acceptable. It's a family forum. Keep it clean. Thanks.

I also cannot stand the Arctic Monkeys for so many different reasons.

Simply Red

Heather Small

Anthony and the Johnsons

It's usually something to do with the tone in the voice of the singer that first starts to grate.

I normally say Artic Monkeys but obviously on here it tends to cause outrage! They are pretty pap but saying that it will be interesting to hear what they have done with Mr Homme

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see what they've managed to come up with with Josh Homme producing.