Apple Mac repairs Sheffield

Hi

Can anyone recommend an Apple Mac repair centre in Sheffield (excluding the one on Portobello Street).

Many thanks

Angel xx

Which mac is it? and whats the problem? (or dont you know the problem?)

Hi

It's an eMac about 3.5 years old. The screen has been flickering every now and again for a month or so, and now the screen keeps minimising and "closing down" - although if there's music running etc the music still plays in the background, and almost looks like it has gone into sleep mode.

I have been on a Mac Forum and this was my reply:

I know exactly what this fault is As I had it on an old eMac. Its a known issue called 'Raster Shift'& affected a lot of older eMacs. It can be easily rectified by replacing a cable called the IVAD cable. It's tricky to do this yourself but should be a 15 minute job for an authorised repair centre - you might even be able to get it replaced for free.

It isn't really my luck to get it done free of charge and I wouldn't expect it to be done free of charge either, but I'd like to know where I can get this done, asap!!

Thanks

Reading up, it does sounds quite straight forward... but not simple enough to do gratis, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about that aspect of it! :)

Have you tried contacting the AppleStore in Meadowhall, see if they'll do it?

BTW, just out of interest, any particular reason why you don't want to use those guys on Portobello? (i assume you mean the ones in the Innovation Centre?)

There is a place down Atterciffe that do Mac repairs, I'll post the contact details later when i get my laptop.

I think Trimac (queens road) shut down a couple of years ago