Victorian Christmas Market at Kelham this weekend. Anyone going?

My friend is manning the stall for the Cats Protection League complete with victorian dress, I might go along and have a giggle at her.

Can I ask what this lady's name is? If it's who I think it may be, I know her as well.

I thought so too, but I checked the website the other day and it is definately on, and in fact the funds raised are to help with the flood damage.

I don't expect all of the areas to be accessible as they normally are, but all the same, it's a great way to pass a coupla hours :)

*Smiles*

Angi

Thought Kelham Island had closed down for a year because of flooding. Might try and get there Sunday if possible.

I will be there with the spawn, and Mojo1 is coming along too. :thumbsup:

we're going!! - we'll be there with or at least seeing Mojo1 and Salstar

looking forward to it - especially if there is a Cats Protection League stall!

we're going!! - we'll be there with or at least seeing Mojo1 and Salstar

looking forward to it - especially if there is a Cats Protection League stall!

Indeedy :thumbsup:

Can I ask what this lady's name is? If it's who I think it may be, I know her as well.

i would tell you, but she will kick my ass in the pub tomorrow.

but she is a lovely strawberry blonde ;)

i would tell you, but she will kick my ass in the pub tomorrow.

but she is a lovely strawberry blonde ;)

Nope, not the person I thought it was. She has dark hair.

Adults £2.00

Concessions £2.00

Accompanied Children FREE

The kids only get in free cos they have to sweep the chimney, Save them run, run as fast as the wind

Well a lovely afternoon was had by all. :D

I'm now laying down for a bit as I have a migraine due to my son playing up, but other than that we had a fab time.

I only wish I could have bought some of the Jamaican Banana fritters but at this point in time, they don't sit well with Weightwatchers. ;)

I won all the prizes on the tombolas!!! Well 5 anyway:hihi:

It was great to see it running this year after all the damage they had and I hope that they can restore the River don engine soon as I really missed seeing it go:(

It's a pity Mr Dibnah isn't around anymore I bet he would have helped and made a whole TV series out of getting it up and running.

I must add that today is the first time I've seen a ferret wearing a santa hat:hihi:

LOL

We won 4 tombola prizes :D

I said the same about Fred Dibnah too ....... were you following us??? :suspect: LMAO

My OH loved it and he's never been before. I could've cried when I saw the big steam engine looking so forlorn <sigh>

I got choked as we walked indoors, coz I knew that Fred Pass wouldn't be there this year. What a wonderful surprise to see his wife there all the same. So that choked me all the more.

All in all, it was a great way to spend the afternoon. Some lovely pictures by a local artist was on sale too, and they are fantastic. I would urge anyone that loves old pics of Sheffield etc to visit his stall, it's on the outside near where the entrance to the engine room is.

Now I need a nice cuppa yorkshire tea :love:

*Smiles*

Angi

been there today wi a forum friend gonna keep u guessin tho lol it was good