MP3 player headphone recomendations wanted

I bought quite a nice MP3 player to take on holiday and was looking to get some better headphones for it. Anyone actually bought any new ones they can recommend? John Lewis have quite a range but you can't test them. I can't seem to find many reviews of headsphones on the net.

Cheers

:)

The pair I bought my missus from Maplin are FANTASTIC - they are very well designed, do not hurt at all unlike every other pair I've ever worn and have a great frequency range. They use a silicone (i think) wrap to soundproof your ear against outside noise and comfortably fit inside. And they even come with different sized silicone adapters and a carry bag.

If I ever bought another pair of personal (rather than desktop/professional) earphones - it would be these.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=217897&doy=30m11

There's some pretty good in-ear type headphones around depending on what your budget is.

Those maplin ones posted by the OP look like far eastern rip off's of Sony MDR-EX71SL these are pretty good a mixed bag on reviews but i have had 1 or 2 sets and some have lasted more than 2 years (used 5 or 6 times a week) so in defence to some of the reviews these type of heaphones need to be treated carefully and don't expect to +20db the bass and the things will last!

I wonder how the maplin chinese (likely) copies fair up to the Sony's?

Another set that are very well made especially for this kind of headphone and price point are the Sony MDR-EX90 LP they come in a leather case too here you can see the construction exploded showing there real aluminium (not metalised plastics) housing MDR-EX90 LP

They reproduce sound better than the 71's as the drivers are bigger and better. I must point out that Ipods seems to have alittle trouble and you will need to crank it up a little. I've been using these pretty frequently for over a year since i picked up a set in HK.

If you want to push the boat out and justify the price then Shure's are mostly great especially when you get past the £120 mark Shure e3c i think they are discontinued so you may be able to pick them up cheap I think the original RRP was £149.99. Are they worth it well there the best sounding most natural in-ear headphones i've ever owned.

If anyone knows any good reviews sites for real headphones please post.

I have some of these and they're brilliant for air travel. They expand in your ear making them reduce external sound. This also means they don't need to be as loud to hear them well. To top it all, they sound very good with excellent bass.

Cheers Isostan, bought a set of the Sony's earlier before seeing your comments and they seem fine, cheers for the info.

Cheers Isostan, bought a set of the Sony's earlier before seeing your comments and they seem fine, cheers for the info.

I hope the advice was somewhat useful, Happy listening!