Your views on the Teacher who named a Teddy

sigh...........i give up, i really do

No Mel, you haven't given up... you've lost. You position is untenable.

Teddy bears are named after Teddy Rooseveldt the American president.

I'm waiting for big riots in the US over this insult.

ill put my last words on the subject (possibly my last words on the forum cos im fed up of arguing day in day out with people that have a vested interest in hating a peoples no matter what)

1: from the off i said i didnt agree with it

2: but i accept that its a different country and live their lives by a different set of rules...unlike some on here im trying to look at it not through our set of ideals, our culture.

3: the bombing bit was in repy to somebody elses post about military action......do you really think we want another iraq over a ****ing teddy bear when she'll have done her sentence in 6 days???

4: some people really need no excuse at all to justify their IRRATIONAL phobia against islam

5: im athiest im agains ALL RELIGIONS, but you have to recognise it exists, it aint going anywhere, theres innocent people who believe it and get tarred with the same hatred, it has its good points, it has its bad.......most on here have NEVER spoke of the good points

indeed not so long ago being homosexual was worthy of being slung in jail here if i rememeber rightly

but we seem to be going off track here

isnt it true that their country is different to ours?

it has a different religion?

different laws?

different culture?

different way of viewing the world?

didnt they do whatever they did pertaining to THEIR laws?

Mel, there are two issues here. First is whether it is acceptable to criticise, and to use what ever influence we have to change laws in foreign countries which are by our standards unacceptable. I'm not advocating invading any country that dares to have different laws to ours, indeed as I recall we still have blasphemy laws here even though in pracitice they are not enforced. However, it is perfectly reasonable to criticise what we regard as wrong, and many people seem to trot out this line about "we must respect their culture". No, we don't. We have every right to regard it as backwards and in practice murderous.

The second is whether even with their stupid laws, has she actually broken them? The (muslim) parents of the children don't think so. Any sane Briton can clearly see she never intended to insult islam, she was allowing the children to name the bear after a class member, not the chap who made islam up. Indeed muslims have a differentiator when they are refering to the original muhammed they put peace be upon him or PBUH in parenthices after the name. So had young ted been named Muhammed (PBUH) then it's a fair cop, but it didn't, and she clearly meant no offence so even by the standards of their stupid laws it's a fit up.

So can we criticise A) stupid laws and B) corrupt convictions which should not have happened even under their stupid laws?

Damn right we can.

Sudan is a different culture to our own, we have no right to attack this judgement unless we understand the culture.

This is why I don't feel sympathy for this teacher in any way.

she was trying to educate these backward people,flogging a dead horse if you ask me,were you are born makes you what you are,here we get educated, get a job, pay our way,have a family and the cycle continues,over there they scrap around trying to survive have kids and more kids and then sit back expecting help from us and look what happens when someone trys to give them that help :( leave them to it i say allah will look after them:rolleyes:

1: from the off i said i didnt agree with it

Good.

2: but i accept that its a different country and live their lives by a different set of rules...unlike some on here im trying to look at it not through our set of ideals, our culture.

Irrelevant. You should judge what is right and wrong by your own standards not other peoples.

3: the bombing bit was in repy to somebody elses post about military action......do you really think we want another iraq over a ****ing teddy bear when she'll have done her sentence in 6 days???

No we don't want another wa over this but we also don't want to be afraid to act or speak out against Islam for fear of attack or "uprising".

4: some people really need no excuse at all to justify their IRRATIONAL phobia against islam

The influence of Islam has been a disaster in every country where it has become dominant. Not wanting it here isn't irrational it is completely sensible.

5: im athiest im agains ALL RELIGIONS, but you have to recognise it exists, it aint going anywhere, theres innocent people who believe it and get tarred with the same hatred, it has its good points, it has its bad.......most on here have NEVER spoke of the good points

Collective responsibility is one of the downsides of being part of a club... or a cult in this case.

Have Amnesty International made any comment on the situation. If not why not. :suspect:

Or how about Shami Chakrabarti, George Galloway and their ilk.

Hang her. A gross insult to the Sudanese people hath been passed, albeit a teddy-bear.

ill put my last words on the subject (possibly my last words on the forum cos im fed up of arguing day in day out with people that have a vested interest in hating a peoples no matter what)

Oh my god Mel you're hardly arguing against Bartfast and Royjames here are you? Look at the posters who have disagreed with you on this one, look at their posts. My point earlier was that you label ANYBODY who disagrees with you as Islamophobic or racist, and thats what other posters picked up on as well... And thats what youre doing now! Crying that you're gonna quit the forum because of YOUR tunnel vision that makes you think anyone who isnt you is a racist. Have some dignity and acknowledge that people's views can differ from your own without being racist and evil.

Oh my god Mel you're hardly arguing against Bartfast and Royjames here are you? Look at the posters who have disagreed with you on this one, look at their posts. My point earlier was that you label ANYBODY who disagrees with you as Islamophobic or racist, and thats what other posters picked up on as well... And thats what youre doing now! Crying that you're gonna quit the forum because of YOUR tunnel vision that anyone who isnt you is a racist. Have some dignity and acknowledge that people's views can differ from your own without being racist and evil.

NO

ive tried the views are different bit ...a million times

im just tiring of the same threads day after day

the same arguements day after the day

and the same 10 people on both sides arguing

its completely stupid

Have Amnesty International made any comment on the situation. If not why not. :suspect:

They have described her as a "prisoner of conscience" and condemned the verdict.