Morrissey leaves England over immigration

The traditional meaning of 'non denominational' would be: not aligned with a particular branch of the Christian church, eg Anglican or Roman Catholic.

In a Muslim context there would be the analogy of Sunni and Shia.

Hmm.. it appears that you are right actually.

I am quite shocked.

I genuinely thought non denominational meant " no religion whatsoever".

Oh well.:(

I'll start worrying when Cliff Richards decides to live elsewhere.....only because they may send him back or declare war on us when he releases his annual christmas single in his chosen country

I'm not sure that the argument put forward by the NME (I would say put forward by Morissey but it appears that it wasn't!) is rather open to debate when in Italy the percentage of foreign born nationals is about 6.2% and in the UK it's about 8.3%. Not a massive difference in the overall scheme of populations! Add into this the long running problem that Italy has had with illegal immigrants (being more accessible) and the foreign national gap closes even more.

I think that sunshine, nice houses and good ice-cream probably have more to do with emigration!

If the school calls itself non denominational religiously then they shouldn't sing songs with Christian imagery in the first place.

Religion is a private choice after all.

Don't 80% of british people regard themselves as nominally Christian

hawkwind! the were just an old hippy band lol

The smiths like them or loath them were original they talked about things that weren't being talked about before. More than the musical quality -"girl afraid where do his intentions lay?"

"boy afraid or does she even have any she never even looks at me and i give her every opportunity?". forget my BNP politics - who on earth has had a relationship or tried to attract a partner and can't relate to that? Who can hear song lyrics like that and not say yes I've been through that? as opposed to the stoned hippy fiddle faddle that had gone before or punk's "IO here we go?" or "Brixton burning" type rants.This stuff is hitting absolutely close to home, or too near the bone as the smiths sang.

Well I am not saying there is anything remotely similar between The Smiths and Hawkwind apart from the fact I hate them both they bore me stupid:gag:

Thats just my personal opinion I probably love bands that other people hate but thats life if everyone liked the same it would be totally boreing as we would have nothing to argue about:hihi:

ever seen em live?

bloody ell, i know why they say theyre power could almost kill somebody, and one of the mind bendingist bands ive ever seen :D

Yes unfortunately my mates really wanted to go and I felt obliged to go as they are not from Sheffield and were staying at my house my god I wished I never had:gag:

They were even more boreing than I previously thought and after 10 mins I was desparate to leave.

Well I am not saying there is anything remotely similar between The Smiths and Hawkwind apart from the fact I hate them both they bore me stupid:gag:

Thats just my personal opinion I probably love bands that other people hate but thats life if everyone liked the same it would be totally boreing as we would have nothing to argue about:hihi:

well as I said before it's just a case that they were breaking new ground,either with the hippy twaddle that had gone before or the shouty slogans of punk or even the manicured emotionally enemic synthesizers of new romanticism. It wasn't cool hitherto to sing about being an ordinary joe and worrying that the girl we fancy and we're trying to impress is bored with us, but the smiths changed that and put humdrum human reality at the centre of their songs. think of some great lines form smith songs like " if you're so clever and witty why are you on your own tonight". we're not talking about set the controls for the heart of the sun or lizard kings or London calling or Oh Vienna, we're talking about lyrics that are close to the bone here.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2007/12/morrissey_responds.html

"On Friday of last week I issued writs against the NME (New Musical Express) and its editor Conor McNicholas as I believe they have deliberately tried to characterise me as a racist in a recent interview I gave them in order to boost their dwindling circulation.

I abhor racism and oppression or cruelty of any kind and will not let this pass without being absolutely clear and emphatic with regard to what my position is.

Racism is beyond common sense and I believe it has no place in our society."