Morrissey leaves England over immigration

I will.

"The boy with a thorn in his side" is one of the best pop songs ever written.

hawkwind! the were just an old hippy band lol

The smiths like them or loath them were original they talked about things that weren't being talked about before. More than the musical quality -"girl afraid where do his intentions lay?"

"boy afraid or does she even have any she never even looks at me and i give her every opportunity?". forget my BNP politics - who on earth has had a relationship or tried to attract a partner and can't relate to that? Who can hear song lyrics like that and not say yes I've been through that? as opposed to the stoned hippy fiddle faddle that had gone before or punk's "IO here we go?" or "Brixton burning" type rants.This stuff is hitting absolutely close to home, or too near the bone as the smiths sang.

The smiths like them or loath them were original they talked about things that weren't being talked about before. More than the musical quality -"girl afraid where do his intentions lay?"

"boy afraid or does she even have any she never even looks at me and i give her every opportunity?". forget my BNP politics - who on earth has had a relationship or tried to attract a partner and can't relate to that? Who can hear song lyrics like that and not say yes I've been through that? as opposed to the stoned hippy fiddle faddle that had gone before or punk's "IO here we go?" or "Brixton burning" type rants.This stuff is hitting absolutely close to home, or too near the bone as the smiths sang.

"Hippy fiddle faddle" - my foot, which person that has ever tried to tap into latent universal life energy can fail to relate to:

Those energy stimulators

Just turn your eyeballs into craters

But an orgone accumulator

Is a superman creator

"Hippy fiddle faddle" - my foot, which person that has ever tried to tap into latent universal life energy can fail to relate to:

Those energy stimulators

Just turn your eyeballs into craters

But an orgone accumulator

Is a superman creator

apart from the incredible string band probably no one.

"boy afraid or does she even have any she never even looks at me and i give her every opportunity?". forget my BNP politics - who on earth has had a relationship or tried to attract a partner and can't relate to that? Who can hear song lyrics like that and not say yes I've been through that? as opposed to the stoned hippy fiddle faddle that had gone before or punk's "IO here we go?" or "Brixton burning" type rants.

Boy / girl relationships had been the theme of most popular music long before the Smiths - ever listened to the Beatles etc. And "hippy fiddle faddle" was around the first time that men started treating women as equals. As for punk, you've spent too much time listening to the nihilistic skinhead OI bands - the more aware - eg the Clash - could see what was coming - the revenge of the narrow minded little englanders as personified by Thatcher.

I will.

"The boy with a thorn in his side" is one of the best pop songs ever written.

You sir, keep going up in my estimations. A fine choice.

I find it quite satisfying when people erroneously think that the Smiths' output was/is depressing. Obviously some people aren't prepared to look beneath the surface; if they were they'd see what absolute gems the majority of the Smiths' songs were/are.

You cannot liken them to the Beatles' boy-meets-girl lyrics at all. The Beatles (and I should know) never wrote songs with titles like Pretty Girls Make Graves, Still Ill, Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others and Frankly, Mr Shankly. Indeed, if Lennon had been around I think he would have been a huge Morrissey fan.

The Smiths' music has had me absolutely transfixed, it has spoken to me as if I were the subject then the next minute it's had me in tears of laughter (Miserable Lie - 'I look at yours, you laugh at mine, and love is just a miserable lie'.). 20 years since the band split I can still discover something new in their music and lyrics. And the truth is, no-one since has been able to fill the enormous gap left by their splitting up.

Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me is the soundscape to me in 1987. It is ME, it is where I was. But just as the emotion becomes too much, one is launched into a song like Unhappy Birthday which one cannot help but laugh at.

Depressing? If you think so then you're totally missing the point. All you've done is look at the cover and put the book back on the shelf.

'How can they see the love in our eyes and still they don't believe us - after all this time - and when you want to live how do you start, where do you go, who do you need to know?'

Hawkwind:gag: The most boreing mind numbingly long winded band ever to unfortunately grace this earth.

Now everyone can come on and say how fantastic they are:D

ever seen em live?

bloody ell, i know why they say theyre power could almost kill somebody, and one of the mind bendingist bands ive ever seen :D

Must have been said before, but isn't he making himself an immigrant in the eyes of Italian people?

Must have been said before, but isn't he making himself an immigrant in the eyes of Italian people?

British immigrants in Italy are not so numerous as to be conspicuous. I think that's the point. ;)

These things are all true. But according to the French estate agents there's only one reason that keeps coming up- one in your political correctness you haven't mentioned.

As to London I hate the place. It's a sprawling monstrosity- a sort of multi-racial no man's land. And the horribleness starts right at Victoria where the churlish Italian cafe owner informs you can't just sit in the cafe and have a cup of tea you've got to buy a meal- time and money you're taking up a table. I really envy countries like Ireland that have friendly human scale capital cities to be proud of like Dublin or even expensive but picturesque cities like Paris or Rome. Give me Sheffield any day.

Nothing to do with the fact that in France and Spain you can get a bigger house for a lot less money, with a much sunnier weather then?:rolleyes:

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to???

schools with Muslim pupils don't see it as appropriate for Muslim children to sing songs with Christian imagery

If the school calls itself non denominational religiously then they shouldn't sing songs with Christian imagery in the first place.

Religion is a private choice after all.

If the school calls itself non denominational religiously then they shouldn't sing songs with Christian imagery in the first place.

The traditional meaning of 'non denominational' would be: not aligned with a particular branch of the Christian church, eg Anglican or Roman Catholic.

In a Muslim context there would be the analogy of Sunni and Shia.

British immigrants in Italy are not so numerous as to be conspicuous. I think that's the point. ;)

They also tend to blend in being white - similar to eastern europeans in this country.