Morrissey leaves England over immigration

Yes, but its not just multi-culturalism is it - its secularism as well. Its quite obvious that the less Christian and more secular the country is, the less religious and more commercial Christmas will be. Will you be going to church on Sunday by the way? if you don't mind me asking

I don't believe in organised religion though it's part of our heritage.It's just the idea of another man telling us the mind of god.The trouble is religion itself has become secularised itself or at least very politically correct. With only the nice bits of the Bible brought to anyone's attention. God of recent years has become much more interested in gay rights and anti-racism and tolerant of other faiths and in favour of abortion etc than I seem to remember to put it mildly.

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to???

schools with Muslim pupils don't see it as appropriate for Muslim children to sing songs with Christian imagery

Do you have any real evidence of this? There seem to be plenty of

carol services around both school and otherwise. It does appear that your frothing about something that isn't happening in order to push your xenophobic line...

Is Morrissey right? I think he is,especially with regard to London,what suprises me is that ANY muscian would make this type of comment in this day of political corectness and diversity.

With the anti racists and pro integration people firmly in charge in this country nowadays its possible he might even lose contracts and lose money over this.:(

Is Morrissey right? I think he is,especially with regard to London,what suprises me is that ANY muscian would make this type of comment in this day of political corectness and diversity.

With the anti racists and pro integration people firmly in charge in this country nowadays its possible he might even lose contracts and lose money over this.:(

i suppose he might not care too much at the end of the day. And even if his British fans turn against him he's living in Rome and he's got his European and American fan base. Britain and it's silly culture of political correctness isn't the centre of the universe. As far as anyone outside of the uK is concerned most foreigners that have come to London will see his remarks about London as pretty in line with their own experience of the city anyway.

Oh for heaven's sake, how can Morrissey be 'right' when it hasn't even been established that he actually said the things he's being judged on. This thread is a nonsense. It isn't only Morrissey's word against the NME, it's the journalist himself who is crying foul and disowning the piece.

In a further twist, the journalist who conducted the interview has demanded his name be removed from the article, claiming his work has been changed beyond recognition.

In another letter sent to Morrisey's camp, Tim Jonze writes, "I should mention that for reasons I'll probably never understand, NME have rewritten the Moz (Morrisey) piece. I had a read and virtually none of it is my words or beliefs so I've asked for my name to be taken off it. Just so you know when you read it.”

One key thing to bear in mind, that many people might not realise, is that throughout the 90's and beyond there was a sustained vendetta between Morrissey and the NME. After the Union Jack affair, he was suddenly enemy number one as far as they were concerned, and he then naturally refused any further interviews or photos for years. As Morrissey had always been their goldmine in terms of sales, which would rocket whenever he was featured in the mag, they escalated the spat to hysterical levels, desperately trying to squeeze more controversy and dosh out of his name even though he wasn't actually available for copy. So, whatever the exact details of this new row, there is many years' build up of venom on both sides which puts the matter into some context.

Oh for heaven's sake, how can Morrissey be 'right' when it hasn't even been established that he actually said the things he's being judged on. This thread is a nonsense. It isn't only Morrissey's word against the NME, it's the journalist himself who is crying foul and disowning the piece.

perhaps he shouldn't have given an interview to them in the first place. he must have known he's only keeping the music press or it's last remaining title alive. let them die that what's I say. they've never done him any favours.

And what this ignorance shows about you all is just what ethnically non diverse areas you lot must live in. i know that is typical but don't you think that's a tad hypocritical for people that supposedly love to defend Britain's diversity?

You say that people who don't know why a carol concert was allegedly banned in Doncaster are ignorant about ethnically non - diverse areas???

Since when has Donny been an ethnically diverse area? The biggest minorities in Donny were the Scots and Geordies who came down in the 60's when new coal faces opened in the pits in the area. Biggest mass immigration Donny ever saw!

How can anyone have an argument over christmas carols?:confused:

It's Sheffield Forum. We can have an argument about anything... :hihi:

It's Sheffield Forum. We can have an argument about anything... :hihi:

Oh, but Purdy....has it really come to this?????:)

what band is that then incidentally?

Hawkwind:gag: The most boreing mind numbingly long winded band ever to unfortunately grace this earth.

Now everyone can come on and say how fantastic they are:D

Hawkwind:gag: The most boreing mind numbingly long winded band ever to unfortunately grace this earth.

Now everyone can come on and say how fantastic they are:D

I will.

"The boy with a thorn in his side" is one of the best pop songs ever written.