Morrissey leaves England over immigration

On what grounds.

And what this ignorance shows about you all is just what ethnically non diverse areas you lot must live in. i know that is typical but don't you think that's a tad hypocritical for people that supposedly love to defend Britain's diversity?

These things are all true. But according to the French estate agents there's only one reason that keeps coming up- one in your political correctness you haven't mentioned.

Politically correct? Moi? Oh, you're very sweet :)

Or you could say Merry Christmas or just sing the carols. Sheffield City Centre is having Christmas Lights (which say Merry Christmas in them), so is Portsmouth - the two places that I know of. Look at this article from 21 hours ago - you're right, school children singing Christmas carols have been silenced - but its not in the name of PC.

This is Christmas, we have a Christmas tree and Christmas lights. I've never seen singing Christmas carols as part of Christmas because thats the religious part which I don't bother with (and the same applies to many, many people).

In 1996, My primary school had a non-nativity play for the first time. I'd been in nativity plays as well, but this is the only play I was in at school that I remember because it was different and memorable to everyone. I don't believe any of the religious stuff that goes along with it like the carols and the nativity play. It was still a Christmas play of course, and just because it didn't have a religious theme didn't make it any less Christmassy.

People who look to destroy the meaning of Christmas and then blame it on immigrants just end up perpetuating the myth. You could go out dressed like a Christmas tree singing Christmas carols tommorow if you really wanted, with no fear of retribution, but you wont - because you'd much rather sit at your computer spouting rubbish about how your not allowed to do any of this because of immigrants.

Well you go out dressed as a Christmas tree in Broomhall tonight. You never know the local youth might pat you on the back give you a present and offer to pull a cracker with you.

It is certainly difficult to track down those advent calenders covered in glitter which I used to look so much forward to receiving in the 1970s.

Nowadays the only 'seasonal' calenders one can buy are those which contain chocolate pieces beneath each door. (I did track a proper advent calender down last year. Where from? Lincoln Cathedral!)

There is a strange argument coming to the fore here. A largely secular Britain only bleets about political correctness gone mad when it reads that carol services or Christmas trees are being banned incase they upset certain other religious groups.

Those airing their grievances about the decline in traditions of this country are those who have probably never stepped foot inside a church in their life. Whilst claiming Christmas is rightfully theirs, other than the fact that it's time off work, they don't give a fig about what Christmas is supposed to be about.

This is the country in which disused or underused churches are either turned into places of worship for other faiths or, failing that, turned into pubs. At least when it comes to other faiths, their numbers are rising. Here, Christianity is on a big downer.

So, it's not really fair game to say 'hands off our Christmas' when the only time we are provoked to think about the true message of Christmas is when we're stood drinking in some converted church called Walkabout.

Use it....or lose it?

And what this ignorance shows about you all is just what ethnically non diverse areas you lot must live in. i know that is typical but don't you think that's a tad hypocritical for people that supposedly love to defend Britain's diversity?

Why would Christmas carols be banned? Please try to answer.

Why would Christmas carols be banned? Please try to answer.

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to???

schools with Muslim pupils don't see it as appropriate for Muslim children to sing songs with Christian imagery

Use it....or lose it?

Lose it preferably, then turn it into something useful.

Walkabout's not too bad, bit too noisy for me though.

Lose it preferably, then turn it into something useful.

Walkabout's not too bad, bit too noisy for me though.

So we should get rid of Christmas totally then? 52 weeks of the year to work. Great!

Why are you asking me a question you already know the answer to???

schools with Muslim pupils don't see it as appropriate for Muslim children to sing songs with Christian imagery

So a school with some muslim kids do not celebrate christmas? Sorry but I do not believe you.

sorry to go back to Morrissey but he's always been an old whinge bag. Anyway he's suing the NME as they distorted the interview in their article.

HAHAHA good to see the banning christmass jibbering is back, YAY!!

isnt a lot of the christmass stuff being lost cos were less christian as a whole than we used to be?

rather than it down to those nasty imigrants and loony pc councils?

So we should get rid of Christmas totally then? 52 weeks of the year to work. Great!

Get rid of it in your house if you want, but I like the pagan festival myself. I'm singing some carols myself on Sunday.

Panic on the streets of Bethlehem.

:)