Morrissey leaves England over immigration

Who is stopping you singing Christmas Carols???

Some Christians can get a bit offended if you sing Christmas Carols before the last week of Advent.

Actually, whilst doing a bit of research to make sure they hadn't been banned, I discovered that not being allowed to sing them is actually an English tradition

Christmas carols were banned between 1649 and 1660 in England by Oliver Cromwell who thought that Christmas should be a solemn day. (Cromwell also abolished the monarchy.)

Good for him! It's a shame he had to do such a thing to get his point noticed!

Morrissey is a legend, and always will be

well i'm not in Italy and i don't want to be investigated by the community hate crime unit.

but maybe if I sing buon natale or whatever I might get away with it

And what makes you think that you would be investigated by the community hate crime unit (assuming such a thing exists!). Are you sure that your tin foil cap isn't a bit too tight?

Oh we used to sing christmas carols at school. Now that's out of the question.

Anyway let's try and cheer everyone up >>> we wish you a happy wintersfest we wish you ahappy winters fest

winterfest comes this time each year

it's begining to look a lot like wintersfest everywhere you go

Anyway let's try and cheer everyone up >>> we wish you a happy wintersfest we wish you ahappy winters fest

Anyway back to reality, I'm not looking forward to my nieces' school carol service, my nephew's school carol service as I find it a bit boring. I've also had a flyer through the post about a couple of local churches carol services.

Also I haven't seen any 'wintersfest' decorations anywhere so I really do not know what you are on about, and I don't think that you know as well.

Actually, whilst doing a bit of research to make sure they hadn't been banned, I discovered that not being allowed to sing them is actually an English tradition

spit upon the name Oliver Cromwell and denounce this royal line that still salute him :hihi:

If your in need of carols may I suggest one of thes carol services:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=10914

http://www.stmatthewssheffield.co.uk/

Tapton Carol Service: Mon 17 th Dec 7.30 at St John's Church , Ranmoor

Or even one of the council run city centre carol services:

15 December, The Moor Hellelujah Church carols

15 December, Barkers Pool 10.30am to 2.30pm Salvation Army Band carols

16 December, Winter Garden 2.00pm Christchurch Central carol service

19 December, Town Hall (tree) 5.30pm to 8.00pm Rotary Club carols

22 December, Barkers Pool 10.30am to 2.30pm Salvation Army Band carols

22 December, Town Hall (tree) Children carol singing

23 December, Fargate 11.30am to 12.30pm Salvation Army Band carols

But of course such things are banned in our "multi-cultural politically correct" society. Or at least in Daily Mail land :loopy:

Anyway back to reality, I'm not looking forward to my nieces' school carol service, my nephew's school carol service as I find it a bit boring. I've also had a flyer through the post about a couple of local churches carol services.

Also I haven't seen any 'wintersfest' decorations anywhere so I really do not know what you are on about, and I don't think that you know as well.

hrmm that's funny because they banned them in my nieces school in Doncaster no less

hrmm that's funny because they banned them in my nieces school in Doncaster no less

On what grounds.

Or you could say Merry Christmas or just sing the carols. Sheffield City Centre is having Christmas Lights (which say Merry Christmas in them), so is Portsmouth - the two places that I know of. Look at this article from 21 hours ago - you're right, school children singing Christmas carols have been silenced - but its not in the name of PC.

This is Christmas, we have a Christmas tree and Christmas lights. I've never seen singing Christmas carols as part of Christmas because thats the religious part which I don't bother with (and the same applies to many, many people).

In 1996, My primary school had a non-nativity play for the first time. I'd been in nativity plays as well, but this is the only play I was in at school that I remember because it was different and memorable to everyone. I don't believe any of the religious stuff that goes along with it like the carols and the nativity play. It was still a Christmas play of course, and just because it didn't have a religious theme didn't make it any less Christmassy.

People who look to destroy the meaning of Christmas and then blame it on immigrants just end up perpetuating the myth. You could go out dressed like a Christmas tree singing Christmas carols tommorow if you really wanted, with no fear of retribution, but you wont - because you'd much rather sit at your computer spouting rubbish about how your not allowed to do any of this because of immigrants.

On what grounds.

Well I'm sure when Morrissey plays Doncaster he can have words with the school :hihi: