Anyone have myalgia?

I have just been told by my Dr I have this :sad: Anyone else have it? How were you diagnosed etc?

Init one of them pretend diseases like Chronic fatigue syndrome.

My understanding is that anyone can have a myalgia, it is where a muscle has become repeatedly tightened etc and sort of develops a hard crust. Where people have this a lot it becomes fibro myalgia, which can have much more of an effect on them.

I have a friend with the condition, but she doesn't live locally. I am certain there is a local support group though. And you could look up nhs direct for basic info.

yes steve, there are a lot of us on here who have "pretend" diseases like CFS, :roll: including our "pretend" MS, "pretend" Arthritis and "Pretend" Diabetes....

Do you have any idea how offensive that comment is to anyone who has had their life ruined by CFS, or to their friends and family?

Please take this as a warning- the OP asked for information and to make contact with people who may be suffering from the same illness, not to be judged by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Isn't that tennis elbow in layman's terms?

No- tennis elbow is bursitis, inflammation of the bursa, which is the bit that cushions the ends of the tendons and stops friction between the tendons and the bones in joints.

Anything which starts with 'my' refers to either the muscles or the myelin sheath around the nerves.

steve m you have no idea what you talking about. I have Fibromyalgia had it for fifteen years, and no it not all in my head.

Doctor: "How long have you been exhibiting these moronic tendencies?"

steve_m : Well they started when I couldn't get the toy I wanted for Christmas as a child!

Doctor: "Oh! 'Nuff said'! Let's hope you are more clue'd up when you cross a road than you are as a pseudo-doctor!" :hihi:

Pillock! :rant:

Do you have any idea how offensive that comment is to anyone who has had their life ruined by CFS, or to their friends and family?

Please take this as a warning- the OP asked for information and to make contact with people who may be suffering from the same illness, not to be judged by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Some experts believe that CFS is all in the mind try doing some research and engage brain before opening mouth

Er I actualy know what I'm talking about ..do you

Some experts believe that CFS is all in the mind try doing some research and engage brain before opening mouth

I'm surprised you haven't got it then - there appears to be plenty of space in your head, empty as it is of brains.