40th Birthday Walk & Celebration Sat 19th Jan

CHANGE TO THE ARRANGEMENTS

*****Unfortunately I have learned today (Jan 7) that we can no longer have the party at the Porter Brook as it is going to be closed that day on police advice because of expected trouble after the Sheffield derby game. Instead, we have booked the Fulwood Inn on Tapton Park Road at Ranmoor, with the buffet to start at 1pm. For more details please see a new posting by Scoobz further on in the thread******

As some of you already know, I will reach the grand old age of 40 on the 19th of January 2008!!! :o

Scoobz has kindly been helping me to organse a get together. So he has provisionally booked a buffet at the Porter Brook pub on Ecclesall Road from about 2pm onwards which will cost £5 per head. We plan to do a walk first starting at Endcliffe Park, Hunters Bar entrance. The length of the walk will depend on the weather, if it is snowing it will only be short one ending with a snowball fight in Endcliffe Park! :D

I would love for you to come and join me either for the walk or just the buffet or for both. I will need an idea of how many will be wanting food so i can let the pub know. Children are welcome at the pub too!

If i have forgotten anything im sure Scoobz will post it!

Count me & Mr Hemlock in - love to help you celebrate such a big occasion!

:o Nooka, I though you were only in your twenties!!

I hope I can make this one, so far it looks like a free weekend (theres a shock!) :D

I'll try my best to get, but I'll have to check and see if there's anything in my 2008 diary (when Santa brings it) before I commit myself :P

The big 40 eh Nooka, I vaguely remember my own celebration of that, twas in the last century for me y'know, when we had things like drinking hours, and Wednesday were in Premiership and Neoteric was in his prime. Them were the days eh? This post would be best read whilst listening to the Hovis advert music incidentally!

Can't believe you'll be 40, Nooka! Should be OK for that weekend, and Rob too, but will have to check football fixtures first!!

Count me and the mister in for this one Nooka. Like everyone else, I couldn't believe you were anything like that age-you're obviously doing something right! Looking forward to it!:D

Oh-I'll be there! Just me though with it being a sat. Canada_man and I also thought you were in your 20s!! We couldn't figure out who on earth was turning 40!! What's your secret;)

Yep. this sounds good to me as well, no doubt junior will want to come along as well:hihi:

I am also struggling to believe you are about to hit the big "40" :o

I celebrated mine nearly 3 years ago, can hardly believe it, time has flown so fast but as the saying goes-

"LIFE BEGINS AT 40" so bring it on!!!!!! :partyhat::clap::banana:

Well it looks like i could have gotten away with saying it was my 30th from all these comments! :D Oh well, im obviously too honest! I know January is still quite far away but i just wanted a rough idea of numbers so i can tell the pub. I will bump this thread back up nearer the time. And btw i dont have any secrets to looking young but im told there is this weird painting in the attic ...

Can I just "go against the flow", as it were and say that I've always been under the impression that you'd already got to the big 40, and that it was the "big 45" that you were getting all excited about:o.

Anyway, whatever the age, you look good for 30, 40, 50.......whatever :P

On a serious note.............can everybody who wants to come let me have their £5 whenever possible, so I can sort the buffet out in advance.

The delectable Miss Galloway has paid already!

*********** ROLL CALL **************

As at 2nd December, there are 11 definites ( + the birthday girl )

Canada Girl

Hemlock

Alberto

Neoteric

Parkwoman

Rob

Galloway

Linchpinlulu

Mr Linchpin

Billysmum

Scoobz

Nooka