Adam Ant documentary - 17/07/03

XADRIAN

The makeup was part of his image. He was a very artistic man and excelled in art. He suffered from depression from an early age in his life, and nearly took his own life on two occasions. His father was an alcoholic and left his mother when he was quite young. Adam never took drugs or used to drink alcohol.

He was stalked by two women, the first was an Italian or Spanish woman who left a cake in his house with a note which said "Get rid of the whore" referring to his then g'friend. He was then stalked again when he came back to Britain.

The documentary showed that he is an ordinary working class bloke who is very fragile...it was brilliant

Very interesting, Xadrian.

I do admire the talent and determination of people from difficult backgrounds like this who still go on to be successful.

I'm just happy to be plain old me :)

Originally posted by XADRIAN

Why are some of the most talented people in the world the most messed up in the head? any Psychiatrists in da house?

I'm sorry to say this, but I get the impression they go hand in hand :(

Originally posted by RPG

I watched this as well, it really showed you how badly the tabloid media are at reporting :evil:

Give us an example? (for those of us who are too young to really remember Adam Ant)

Wahhaa

Im only 17 and i know how badly he was treated in the media ;)

They basically made him out to be a really bad person, but with all that went off in his life its totally understandable

I also did media studies so found out quite alot in that aspect, such as some of the tasteless reporting in the falklands war

Archived