Was the war in Iraq the right thing to do?

I still think we did the right thing.

All this whinging about WOMD, fine - okay there wasn't any but they kicked Saddam out and his torture will stop.

Now all we have to do is stop the Yanks from abusing it.

Moon

Yes - although they should have just stuck to the notion he was an evil dictator rather than the more "sexy" claim of WMD. If they had focused on his human rights violations more, then things would be so much simpler now. No one can deny that he was evil and that a democracy (of any kind) is better than a dictatorship.

To be honest, you can't change the past and I wish our government (and media) would "get over it" and start focusing on domestic issues, rather than bicker like school children over who's fault it was that. They had a choice of focusing on either Saddam's WMD or his human rights violations - they made the wrong choice.

Not sure on the exact details, but I know most of their vehicles (tanks) were Russian and the most common rifle was the AK-47, which is also Russian built ;)

As for the gas he used on the Kurds (including women and children) I think that was pretty much "home made" with the help of some greedy non-Iraqi scientists.

Back to you Mr. M :)

Originally posted by geoffbowen

Not sure on the exact details, but I know most of their vehicles (tanks) were Russian and the most common rifle was the AK-47, which is also Russian built ;)

As for the gas he used on the Kurds (including women and children) I think that was pretty much "home made" with the help of some greedy non-Iraqi scientists.

Back to you Mr. M :)

Well! You've forgotten the Supergun fiasco already then :lol:

And I'm sure your mate Donald Rumsfeld supplied Saddam with chemical agents at one time or another!

I am pleased Saddam has gone, I'm just sorry that he could have gone much sooner if the West hadn't been so keen to supply him with weapons. :?

Remember when David Mellor called him '...a voice of moderation in the Middle East...' :o

(whoops - edited for spelling mistake)

Archived