Sign in to follow this  

Regular deletion of temp intenet files needed

I am having problems refreshing web pages and viewing certain sites (this being one of them) after using them for a short time. It seems I have to empty the temporary internet files on these sites after about 10 mins of viewing which means I then have to log back in. I can close the browser and reopen it but the problem persists until I actually empty the temp files, the page will simply not reload until this is done. I use Firefox, Opera and IE and it does it with them all. Could this be an ISP issue ?

you can make it re-load (ignore the temp/cache) each time you request the page (refresh) its an option inside the internet options (IE6/7)

FireFox - set it to use 0 cache size (Under Advanced in the options)

as for opera, there will be a similar setting..

Cheers Ghozer, I'll give that a try. Unbelievably quick response too, bleedin ink on my post was still wet :thumbsup:

lol, people call me a lurcher... they think i sit here with the browser open, hitting F5 all day.. but no, i actually do close the browser........... on occasion ;)

Right, I just tried clicking on the general discussions link from SF's index page and it just hung. Normally when this happens I have to delete the temp files, theres no other way out of it, no amount of hitting refresh will work. This time though, having set it to use 0 cache size I hit refresh and then clicked the link and it worked fine. Loads better mate, cheers.