Mourinho - Liverpool Manager?

If we were talking about Man Utd; possibly. But not Liverpool.

Why? It can't be that you think there wouldn't be enough transfer funds available to him! Because (like everyone seems to point out) Liverpool spend around the same amount of money on transfers that Utd do?????????

It can't be because Utd are champions and Liverpool are not! Unless you are suggesting that Mourinho might like to manage Manchester United because it would be an easy life and that he thinks he wouldn't have to even try, to be successful?

It can't be because Manchester Utd are a much bigger club than Liverpool, that are far more famous around the world, because they are not!

It can't be because Manchester United have a bigger history than Liverpool, or that they have been the most successfull club since the English league's were founded, because that isn't true!

It's been said already on here and I agree that it's hard to think of any manager that has ever turned down the job of managing Liverpool FC! If any manager in the world was offered the Liverpool job, I would bet that everyone of them would seriously consider it and most would probably accept, with the exception of Fergie!

Can you give a really valid reason as to why Jose Mourinho would never want the job of managing Liverpool FC? (and "because Liverpool fans don't like him", is not allowed)!

Why? It can't be that you think there wouldn't be enough transfer funds available to him! Because (like everyone seems to point out) Liverpool spend around the same amount of money on transfers that Utd do?????????

Liverpool's spending power over the last decade is not a patch on Man Utd's. Even this season, which has seen record purchasing, Liverpool have sold off many players to balance.

Manchester Utd generate more match-day income from Old Trafford than Liverpool from Anfield. You can include Liverpool's new ground in that too, which upon completion will still be smaller than Old Trafford.

Man Utd have the most lucrative sponsorship deal in football.

Oh, and Man Utd have the 4th biggest financial turnover in football (leading for many years), remaining the worlds most profitable club according to Forbes. Man Utd are valued at £800m. Liverpool at £450m.

It can't be because Utd are champions and Liverpool are not! Unless you are suggesting that Mourinho might like to manage Manchester United because it would be an easy life and that he thinks he wouldn't have to even try, to be successful?

No, but he is more likely to have success with a Man Utd side that has a) better players, and b) better youth academy.

It can't be because Manchester Utd are a much bigger club than Liverpool, that are far more famous around the world, because they are not!

We can argue the toss about which club is bigger all day, for me it's a moot point, as I neither support or like either club. However, since the formation of the Premier League, Man Utd are undoubtedbly more succesful on and off the pitch.

It can't be because Manchester United have a bigger history than Liverpool, or that they have been the most successfull club since the English league's were founded, because that isn't true!

See above. You can go on about things that happened years ago if you want, I'm used to hearing Wednesday fans do that.

Can you give a really valid reason as to why Jose Mourinho would never want the job of managing Liverpool FC? (and "because Liverpool fans don't like him", is not allowed)!

Why not? It's a valid point.

Ok:

The Liverpool owners are unhappy with Benitez' public tantrum, are they really going to approach someone like Mourinho, who is famous for his outbursts and goading of opposition?

Mourinho has already said his next job wont be in England, and I don't think it will be either. I also believe that if he were to manage in England again, he would want to be at a club that is capable of mounting a title challenge. At the present moment in time, that is not Liverpool.

It's been said already on here and I agree that it's hard to think of any manager that has ever turned down the job of managing Liverpool FC! If any manager in the world was offered the Liverpool job, I would bet that everyone of them would seriously consider it and most would probably accept, with the exception of Fergie!

United are a bigger club than Liverpool. Dont kid yourself.

For all their 80s success, they have NEVER had the pulling power than United have had.

I know a few Pool fans, and that is one fact they grudgingly accept.

Jose would take the job, end of story, but he is not a Liverpool manger - too controversial

Unless the FA bods can gather a thought between them and offer Mourinho the England job, I think he's going for another club side; and there is little to zero chance of it being Liverpool! Ancelotti, Rijkaard, Schuster, are all a bit "fluid" at the moment, and all would be acceptable options for him. He's in a strong position, and there's no way I can see him going for a "turmoil" club, which is what Liverpool would be if they were stupid enough to ditch Rafa.

Mourinho will probably go for Scotland job when Mcleish goes for Birmingham. ;) reckon He'd look ok in a kilt.

Mcleish now at Birmingham, let's see if 2nd half of my prophecy works out.;)

Mcleish now at Birmingham, let's see if 2nd half of my prophecy works out.;)

Jose McRinho... Aren't dreams wonderful :thumbsup:

No, but he is more likely to have success with a Man Utd side that has a) better players, and b) better youth academy..

Better youth Academy????? - How? Our Youth Academy at Melwood, is the best Academy in the country! It has also produced many 'top class', first team players on a consistent basis! How can Utd's be better!

I also believe that if he were to manage in England again, he would want to be at a club that is capable of mounting a title challenge. At the present moment in time, that is not Liverpool.

If we win our game in hand, we will move up to second in the table, above Utd by goal difference!

Now considering the injuries we have had and the problems off the pitch (Rafa and the owners), I would say that's as good a challange that could have been expected in the circumstances!

Better youth Academy????? - How? Our Youth Academy at Melwood, is the best Academy in the country! It has also produced many 'top class', first team players on a consistent basis! How can Utd's be better!

Bobby Charlton

George Best

David Platt

Gary Neville

Phil Neville

David Beckham

Nicky Butt

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

and that's without really thinking. You're deluding yourself if you think Liverpool's academy has consistently produced better players in the last 20 years.

Aside from Gerrard, Owen, McManaman, Fowler and Carragher, there aren't any players of note to have emerged from the Liverpool academy since the 1980's.

Bobby Charlton

George Best

David Platt

Gary Neville

Phil Neville

David Beckham

Nicky Butt

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

and that's without really thinking. You're deluding yourself if you think Liverpool's academy has consistently produced better players in the last 20 years.

Aside from Gerrard, Owen, McManaman, Fowler and Carragher, there aren't any players of note to have emerged from the Liverpool academy since the 1980's.

Quite agree -Liverpool have never really have a youth policy, not until recent years. I would add Norman Whiteside to that list also.

Bobby Charlton

George Best

David Platt

Gary Neville

Phil Neville

David Beckham

Nicky Butt

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

and that's without really thinking. QUOTE]

Didn't David Platt start his career with Dario Gradi at Crewe, he was off their production line if I remember rightly.

Bobby Charlton

George Best

David Platt

Gary Neville

Phil Neville

David Beckham

Nicky Butt

Ryan Giggs

Paul Scholes

Wes Brown

John O'Shea

and that's without really thinking. QUOTE]

Didn't David Platt start his career with Dario Gradi at Crewe, he was off their production line if I remember rightly.

He was at United before Crewe. United (Ron Atkinson) bombed him out.