Mourinho - Liverpool Manager?

Rumours are rife around Liverpool today regarding the news that Jose Mourinho is being sensationaly linked with the Liverpool Manager's job!

In another rant at the owners this weekend, Rafa Benitez again criticesed the slow movement of the American's in the transfer market and was sarcastic when asked a question on Saturday regarding the row he had had with Tom Hicks!

Well what a shock this would be :D

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=66572

It may not be too unlikely either!! If Mourinho was offered the Liverpool manager's job ..... I reckon he would take it like a shot!

I have my body armoury on :D

Do you really think Mourinho would walk from Abramovich and into Hicks and Gillett? They are telling Rafa to concentrate on the playing and coaching side, and that transfers have nothing to do with him... Hardly the sort of stuff to make Jose's mouth water! :P

Anyway... lay off Jose - we need him for England! :rolleyes:

Do you really think Mourinho would walk from Abramovich and into Hicks and Gillett?:

Well he has to walk into somewhere doesn't he and let's face it, there is not that many owners splash the cash like Mr Abramovich does is there?

They are telling Rafa to concentrate on the playing and coaching side, and that transfers have nothing to do with him... Hardly the sort of stuff to make Jose's mouth water! :P:

They have never said that transfers are nothing to do with Rafa! Gillette and Hicks have simply said that any transfer activity will be delayed untill after the meeting in December at Anfield (when Rafa is sacked perhaps?)! They also stated that Rick Parry will be in charge of buying and selling players which means that instead of the manager running to them for money for transfers etc, they will just go straight to Rick Parry instead, as he is in charge of that department! You don't honestly believe that Rick will be choosing who comes and goes do you? :hihi:

Anyway... lay off Jose - we need him for England! :rolleyes:

Well if England want Jose then they had better start moving pretty quickly! They had also better come up with a very tempting financial package aswell because if not, I honestly believe that if Rafa is sacked and the Liverpool managers job is offered to Jose Mourinho..... he will take it!

Mourinho loves controversy! And how controversial would this be if it ever happened hey :D

Mourinho would be much better than Benitez for Liverpool.

However, my understanding is that Mourinho is not a llowed to manage an English club side for a while as part of his severance package from Chelsea.

Mourinho will probably go for Scotland job when Mcleish goes for Birmingham. ;) reckon He'd look ok in a kilt.

Mourinho would be much better than Benitez for Liverpool.

However, my understanding is that Mourinho is not a llowed to manage an English club side for a while as part of his severance package from Chelsea.

For this season only! After that Mourinho is free to manage whoever he likes!

For this season only! After that Mourinho is free to manage whoever he likes!

Still, I don't imagine him going to Liverpool. He'd probably see it as a step down, having nothing to prove in English football is what I mean. It seems like he's more interested in managing in Germany and Italy anyway.

Still, I don't imagine him going to Liverpool. He'd probably see it as a step down, having nothing to prove in English football is what I mean.

Bringing the Premiership Title to the Liverpool fans would make him (or anyone) an absolute hero! If the challenge was laid down, would he step upto the plate? I think he would!

If we were talking about Man Utd; possibly. But not Liverpool.

I think Mourinho's next job will be abroad, at a long shot, maybe the England post.

Still, I don't imagine him going to Liverpool. He'd probably see it as a step down, having nothing to prove in English football is what I mean. It seems like he's more interested in managing in Germany and Italy anyway.

I don't recall any manager ever turning down liverpool

I don't recall any manager ever turning down liverpool

We aren't talking about just any manager though are we?

Mourinho isn't exactly a popular figure at Anfield, and if the clubs owners are after someone who will get on with things and shut up, they wont be looking at Jose.

Not only that, but Mourinho has already said his next job wont be at an English club, and I think he means it. Besides, he wouldn't be allowed to take the job until next season anyway.