Mussels in restaurants

Hi,

It's nearly our anniversay, and my wife has decided she'd like mussels; anyone have a recommendation for a restaurant that does these well?

Cheers,

Ade

Had a meal with my family at Antibo 2 weeks ago and my wife had the mussels as a starter and she said they were fabulous.

Casanova in Crookes does some good mussel starters.

Thyme Cafe do them well, when they are on the menu. If you phone Bluefin in advance they will buy them in for you. Might be worth a try.

One to avoid: Santinos on eccy road. Too much sauce and a handful of mussels.

Chez Lahlou up on Commonside does gorgeous mussels and beautiful food in general. Try the steak!! Plus you get French bread and butter, crudites and dip, then a bowl of spicy chicken wings all for free... Can't complain :)

Thyme Cafe do them well, when they are on the menu. If you phone Bluefin in advance they will buy them in for you. Might be worth a try.

ANyone got any good views of Bluefin? I;ve never been so would like to know if it;s nice or not?

Hi,

It's nearly our anniversay, and my wife has decided she'd like mussels; anyone have a recommendation for a restaurant that does these well?

Cheers,

Ade

Are you sure it wasn't just a hint for you to start going to the gym?:hihi:

Seriously though, have no idea about Mussels but have a good time wherever you go!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, got a few options to play with now.

Cheers,

Ade

I went to blue fin a while ago. There was a really good range of fish which was well cooked. We discussed the range of fish with them adn they said phone in advance if you have a special request and they will try their best to source it.