People in T shirts on the street tonight

do you reckon when a student gets his/her grant dosh....they look at it and think.......erm....i need to buy a coat....

ill get me coat.......:hihi:

Yes I think its silly waering just t-shirts in the cold - get set for a wave of new flu outbreak after this cold snap cos people too silly to wrap up - still I guess part of the thing about going out weekends with young people is to meet a partner "score" - sadly part of this means showing off ones "buff bod" - ah sadly maybe we are no removed from apes after all ...

If they are on the pull, they dont feel the cold !! :roll:

You're right I went out to a few bars on west street last night in my coat and had the **** ripped out of me. Still just because they don't feel the cold while they're binge drinking- it still can't be healthy.

In my 'younger' days we went out without coats because when you went indoors in the busy pubs you had to remove the coat due to getting too hot. Also, if you went on to a club there was the risk of leaving your coat in the cloakroom, risk losing it, or queuing for ages at the end of the night and missing a place in the taxi queue! Sometimes it was just much easier to leave the coat at home.

On a serious note though, I know of one case where a young man had too much to drink, crashed out on a patch of grass and later died of pneumonia due to sleeping out in only a tee-shirt on a cold night.

So, wrap up!!

Have to admit, for me it is usually a convenience thing; when I was a student the cloakroom queues were always huge (and you know how once you've spent 20 - 30 minutes queuing to get into the place, spending even five minutes in another queue seems like a lifetime) - and when you're stood waiting to put your coat in, your mates go off to get drinks/start dancing.

That and the venues in Sheffield are usually insanely warm so the walk home after spending hours in a large sweat-box rarely requires a coat.