Kickboxing Instructors

I agree , do you think that my 17th dan in GKR is worth mentioning?

:confused:

Absolutely. You must have worked hard deciding where to get your flyers printed and your lovely shiney kits made (hand on...you kick boxing guys *do* put some effort into your shorts dont you?! ;) )

Absolutely. You must have worked hard deciding where to get your flyers printed and your lovely shiney kits made (hand on...you kick boxing guys *do* put some effort into your shorts dont you?! ;) )

My shorts are all shiny

I have a

1.Shiny blue set

2.Shiny white set with blue thai writing.

3.Shiny purple set

4.Shiny white set with AFK and ALI in blue writing on them

5.Shiny Blue set with PHUKET and PATONG BOXING GYM printed on them

I used to have 3 more pairs but one got borrowed and 2 got nicked

My shorts are all shiny

LOL! :hihi:

Thought so.

As a slight aside - that's a cracker of quote - possible signature material! :)

Go for it Junior, make a post and ask folks to pm you with their relevant expirience. You can then edit your original post to include details as you get them.

Having spoken to the legal brain in the family, I would not want to have all the details posted under my name,where it could be interpretted I was recommending or endorsing a club or individual, should there be a problem down the line.

Instructors would make there own posts, I will be happy to liase with the mods to root out in-appropriate threads, or if as a group we feel the info is in-correct.

Chefkicker, I am not one of Pauls crew although we belong to the same organisation.

I think that everyone should have the chance to see their prospectus instructor/coaches qualifications. Simple solution. 99% of all MA clubs have an association. Call their associations head honcho and clarify. Simple??

I think that everyone should have the chance to see their prospectus instructor/coaches qualifications. Simple solution. 99% of all MA clubs have an association. Call their associations head honcho and clarify. Simple??

But it would be a starting point. Then if they see something they like on the post, then they can call the association for further clarification. Some people when looking for lessons for the first time might not know where to start and who belongs to what association so if this info is included they can contact them.

I have PM`d the mods for an opinion, i`ll post what they say.

Things are getting confusing now,

Chefkicker i read on one the afk forum that andrew Hennesy was head of iska is he the same person as paul hennesy? tried googling Paul Hennesy and could only come up with him being a show promoter / bussiness man, and when i googled ISKA i came up with Andrew Hennesy as the uk director , and is the ring contact sports union the association you are with or iska.(Give us a clue and shut everyone up tell us what titles you won, WKA, WAKO, ISKA which one was it?)

I dont see the importance of kickboxing clubs having to produce fighters, if some people want to fight then fair enough but you can still have a kickboxing club with out producing fighters.

And what about the pedegree of the coach surly that is mportant WHO give them their Black Belts, where they trained their instructors ect,

You can actually buy black belts in decathlon, thought about getting my self one then starting up my own kickboxing style / class, lol (perhaps not yet then i'll do a few more months of mma the 6 months of kickboxing then give it a go after all what can i loose)

Is the ISKA semi contact kickboxing? I mean Semi contact American style Kickboxing?

So to just confirm what we have all read. Clarifying it all...kind of. Kickboxing with Chefkicker is only kickboxing if its in a ring and thats that! Everyone who goes there must step into the ring and fight. No other options, just be fighters. Phew!

Glad I get that sorted or there could have been some confusement.

Is the ISKA semi contact kickboxing? I mean Semi contact American style Kickboxing?

So to just confirm what we have all read. Clarifying it all...kind of. Kickboxing with Chefkicker is only kickboxing if its in a ring and thats that! Everyone who goes there must step into the ring and fight. No other options, just be fighters. Phew!

Glad I get that sorted or there could have been some confusement.

Confusement is not a word :hihi:

Kickboxing is a ringsport. Nothing wrong with people who dont compete and yes the Grading system is a welcome alternative for those who dont compete in fact some people do both believe it or not.

The grading system adds a more comprehensive approach to kickboxing.

It is not compulsory for ALL clubs to turn fighters out, not every club have the resources or the knowledge to be able to take part at that level to be honest. But even though a particular club dont take part in Full contact kickboxing, any instructor who does not open their students eyes to the fact that there is a competition scene (Ring sport competition not tiggy on the mats) is guilty of closing their students minds and not showing them the full picture.

I have students that do not compete and only grade, i also have students that have graded with other clubs and no longer believe that the belt they graded for (and paid a fortune for) from their old club was actually worth anything.

I also have students that train once a week , learn a few techniques and sweat buckets !!! Now they train hard and get to know everyone and take part in the social life but have no interest in gradings and will never fight.

It is all about giving students a choice.

I agree with that about 70%. But closing their students mind to the realistic world that there is other 'forms' of kickboxing is just as guilty(?)

If you have students that don't compete, then surely, as in your own words not mine, what they are doing is not kickboxing?

Just what is 'Low Kick?' I have tried to look it up etc and have come back non the wiser. (serious question by the way)

I'm considering taking up kickboxing, maybe going with my boyfriend, where would you suggest i go?