Html Website help

Ok the amount of code has scared me in the responses has scared me!

I think its a little bit too complicated (for me anyway), to add an enquiries box.

monomeil, will doing what you say help with spam? we are getting a lot at the moment!

mattseo, why wont the meta tags help the ranking?

im on a very steep learning curve with all this...

I think its a little bit too complicated (for me anyway), to add an enquiries box.

monomeil, will doing shat you say help with spam? we are getting a lot at the moment!

Yes, it will help you with the spam. But you can add a captcha image ( the same as this forum use when you want to search for something ) to be sure the robots can't send spam. But also it will help you with the attacks ( XSS for example ). Again, i've got some classes for that.

Miguel.

You need to get lots of back links for your meta tags to work great. They do help you get found, but without back links you will never be on the front page og google.

monomeil, will doing shat you say help with spam? we are getting a lot at the moment!

There is a class that will send your email anyway you want, and its free:

http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/

Plus im sure you could find some code to parse the fields for injection (and more!) if you put ur google to it ;)

Yes if you're not a confident coder please look around or use one of the suggested mail-in scripts, because writing your own will just leave your website wide open for people to either attack or use to send out their own spam.

Try not to overload your web page with hundreds of meta keywords as it can cause them to mark you down for spamming the system.

Description tags are useful because some engines will include them in your site listing.

You need to get lots of back links for your meta tags to work great. They do help you get found, but without back links you will never be on the front page og google.

Thats what I want to look into. Getting websites to link to us to improve our rating.

I was told you have to get websites to add some specific code. is this true or is it literally a link to our website that is needed?

Thats what I want to look into. Getting websites to link to us to improve our rating.

I was told you have to get websites to add some specific code. is this true or is it literally a link to our website that is needed?

The exact methodology is secret, for obvious reasons, but, essentially, the best way to get good rating out of back links is to have other highly rated *relevant* sites link to yours. Relevance is a bit of a wooly concept, but, in essence, if a car company links to your mobile phone website, then that's not as good as a mobile phone company linking to your mobile phone website.