Absent forumers - the great 'what happened to' thread

What do you attribute this too?

The Second World War?

What do you attribute this too?

Loads of different reasons..... some of them have high pressured jobs working long hours, others have jobs where it is not entirely unheard of for their employer to check forums, Facebook, Myspace etc to see what they are up to out of work, others just got bored of the forum.

The forum definitely seems less friendly at the moment. I used to join in daft threads and banter with people, but I've been told on a few occasions to effectively 'get lost' in some of the 'I'm bored' threads. Not for any reason either, some users seem to have conversations in threads and resent people joining in.

Don't let them push you out; hang in there. 99% of posters would rather read something you wrote than the brain-dead chat that strangles threads like bindweed.

The forum definitely seems less friendly at the moment. I used to join in daft threads and banter with people, but I've been told on a few occasions to effectively 'get lost' in some of the 'I'm bored' threads. Not for any reason either, some users seem to have conversations in threads and resent people joining in.

I don't find it so much that people bantering tell you to get lost, it seems that you get a mod along in a few posts to say take it elsewhere. That effectively kills the thread stone dead. Because if you iggy them, they just banish you for a couple of days, for 'disobedience' ;) Although, that's not a new development, they've always enjoyed wielding the banning stick for the most flimsy reasons :D In fact, recently I was forced to retaliate and be equally as petty by banishing the ones I had from my FB :D

I remember one late night where lots of us were playing one of those "sealed room" games and posting to get and give hints and tips and getting spooked with the noises from the game ... it went on for several hours. I don't think we'd be allowed to do it now :(

It seems the life of most fora is about four years, after that people get bored and move on. Hopefully, when we're all gone, new people will still be joining and keeping it going, and then they'll be the ones posting "Back in the day ...."

Yes it does seem like the mods have turned into the Thought Police over the last few months, they are far stricter than I remember...

Yes it does seem like the mods have turned into the Thought Police over the last few months, they are far stricter than I remember...

Each to their own. I think the opposite; that the moderating is currently quite liberal and civilised and far less strict than it used to be.

Foxxx posted tonight regarding something I had for sale.......

Long time no see Foxx!

Hello :thumbsup:

Each to their own. I think the opposite; that the moderating is currently quite liberal and civilised and far less strict than it used to be.

Yeah Id agree.

People are getting away with far more than they would have at this time last year.

Foxxx posted tonight regarding something I had for sale.......

Long time no see Foxx!

Hello :thumbsup:

Thanks for the mention and for remembering lil' old me. I was one of the originals from the early days of this forum and I used to post a lot with many of the people mentioned on here. I had a few run ins with T020!!! I do still pop on here and float around, I just don't seem to have much time to post anymore!

Draggletail - look out for a post I will make on the 11th May! You'll know what I'm talking about if I say Allen Carr RIP ;)

I haven't seen the sisters Lotti and GothicCharm posting for ages!

I'm still about! Just spend most of my time in Pet Owners section (don't ask me why, it's total crud most of the time!).

GothicCharm (or GeeCee I think she changed to) has moved onto other forums :o:o

She spends her life on the laptop but obviously went off SF!! :lol:

mikey10 was no doubt a genius. He is also very handsome, dashing and all round good bloke. (somebody told me)