Suggestions for a good restaurant in Sheffield.

That would be Glossop Road at the Junction with West Street methinks, just up from the old Glossop Road baths.

Would anybody posting on this thread please include the following information:

Smoking or not, especially interested in non-smoking restaurants rather than those with a designated non-smoking area, viz 2 tables.

Piped music or not, especially mention if it's possible to have a conversation without shouting

Whether or not they have a bring your own bottle policy. I do not like paying £12 for a £2.50 bottle of wine (True story: wine was £10 on the menu but had an Asda sticker on of £2.79)

Originally posted by katey_h23

I need to book a restaurant for a romantic anniversairy meal, for this Saturday, but don't know where the best place to go is! I need somewhere in Sheffield centre. Italian would be good, or anything really!

Where are your favourites???

Why dont u try 'La Dolce Vita' its a very nice little italian restaurant on the corner of Abbeydale rd,its a beautiuful white building with green/red lights,looks lovely. The atmosphere is great and if u do decede to go post me an let me know. Good Luck ! *****

Pizza Volante (Flyin' Pizza) on West street is ok (tho' not that romantic, lots of large party bookings) or San Lorenzo on Sharrowvale rd. If you choose your table well it can be v.cosy, the foods also good (try the Sicilian sausage starter!!).

someone has mentioned this being the best tapas restaurant in sheffield......if so where is it plse.....i absolutely adore tapas.

anymore?????

It certainly is the best tapas in Sheff…have eaten there loadsa times, great place + atmosphere, friendly staff, and they have live Latino / jazz – Rosie Brown plays there too!! Also slightly off the main track, which means its not full of idiots!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Chris

The landlady kicked them out - apparently she figured out she'd get more money out of a pub that was targetted at the residents-to-be of West Point. A pleasant, food-serving, airy, occasionally jazz-playing, buzzing, friendly, attractive but unpretentious, popular place obviously didn't fit the bill... Casablancas has moved to new premises on the other side of West Street, next to the purple steeplejacks (not sure the name of the road, though I think it's the one that Sinclairs is on the corner of).

Casablancas no longer exists at this venue! Me and some mates went to what we thought was Casablancas but found it has been replaced by a restaurant called Regent Terrace. Nothing like Casablanca's cosy atmosphere, its all stark 'minimalist' decor, menu on a blackboard-style, and was absolutely DEAD when we got there. Atmosphere of a dead fish. Plus, even though it was totally deserted we still got given the table by the toilet! Main courses are all £11.50-12 each (unlike Casablancas tasty well priced nosh) and there was not one single vegetarian option. We were told they could cobble together something but for that price you want something proper really dont u? Needless to say we left without ordering. Worst thing is, when we phoned to book the table we asked 'Is this Casablancas?' and they replied 'Yes.' Trust me, it isnt!!

Do NOT go to San Remos opposite Lloyds - its awful!

I would recommend Antibo (Italian) in West One. I haven't been there yet, but i have been to the one in Derby many times. The food is excellent and the menu varied.

My favourite restuarant in Sheffield is "Viva Latino" at Gleadless Townend. Brilliant food, brilliant atmosphere. After eating, dancing goes on until the early hours. The staff are friendly too. Difficult to think of a bad point really. Beware though if you want a late session on Friday or Saturday, as you will need to book about a month in advance

Sorry, I meant "Viva Tequila"

And anyway, I've just found out it's now called "Mambo"

Well worth a visit though...

i think this new jap restuarant is abit swish! i went there on friday (bookings only on fridays n saturdays) the food is fantastic, i had a salmon bento box.. presentation and food tasted great! i would definatly recommend it to anybody who enjoys eating out, especially you!

there is a lil something for everyone, they have a tappenyaki area where the chef prepares your food right in front of you, all i could hear from where i was sittin were "oo's" n "ahh's" (i know where im going to be sitting next time i go!)