Do You Have An Allergy?

Do You Have An Allergy?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Have An Allergy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know/ Not Sure

Originally posted by timo

worst of all, Cliff Richard. The latter really makes my skin crawl.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

moved back home 4a while and got allergy to my mums soap powder

allergy to penecillin - not good!

allergy to people who dont smile!

I'm allergic to too many things as i have exzema and asthma and a weird nut allergy.

I can't eat brazil nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts. Here's the weird bit: I can eat bountys but not raw coconut and I can eat marzipan which I think is made from almonds :confused: Also some bananas have a similar but less potent effect. I just avoid all nuts here poss and all foreign chocolate

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I have an allergy to nickel - which means I'm allergic to cheap jewellery! (Not that I'd wear such stuff anyway! :D).

Thats fantastic - we should sample your DNA somehow and get some kind of breeding programme going - its the only way to reduce the chav menace ;):hihi:

Unfortunately I'm allergic to cats too; it's terrible cos I love them more than anything in the world!! I get really itchy eyes, blocked nose, wheezy and they make me sneeze. I don't know what I'm gonna do cos I really want to get a cat when I can. They're such cute little darlings!!!

I'm also allergic to cheese - it gives me migraines, so I haven't eaten any for years.

yeah mine are cats im allergic to the hair but i love cats and it isnt fair im also allergic to some soaps with certain scents lol if i use them i go bright red and itch all over and look like a lobster

Originally posted by Kittenkel

Unfortunately I'm allergic to cats too; it's terrible cos I love them more than anything in the world!!

I'm also allergic to cheese - it gives me migraines, so I haven't eaten any for years.

aww, must suck liking cats so much but being allergic to them :( cats are the cutest pets ever, well maybe on parr with a nice cute bunny! :D

cheese... ewwww... cheese is disgusting anyways, I've not eaten cheese since i was about 4yrs old :?

My personal allergies:

garlic: Not as bad as it used to be, any trace of garlic in food, and I mean trace, would make me vomit for hours... you know how many foods contain bits of garlic, like chicken nuggets, some burgers etc? that was an ass!... but now my stomach can handle a little bit, but if if somethings got a fair bit of garlic in I can expect anything from a little hot flush upto a fever and vommiting :?

when I first started dating my ex g/f she cooked me a meal with one of those dolmio bolognase source's... about 30mins after eating the dinner her parents were ready to rush me to hospital because I had a really bad fever come along, I went to sleep and didn't wake for about 14hrs :? garlic = EVIL!

oh I'm also allergic to wearing silver, especially in my ears, I dont have any piercings at the moment due to having a few REALLY bad infections when I was a bit younger due to not realising it was an allergy to silver :? although I've heard silver allergies are something to do with the minerals usually contained in it?

Originally posted by xafier

cheese... ewwww... cheese is disgusting anyways, I've not when I first started dating my ex g/f she cooked me a meal with one of those dolmio bolognase source's... about 30mins after eating the dinner her parents were ready to rush me to hospital because I had a really bad fever come along, I went to sleep and didn't wake for about 14hrs :? garlic = EVIL!

oh I'm also allergic to wearing silver, especially in my ears, I dont have any piercings at the moment due to having a few REALLY bad infections when I was a bit younger due to not realising it was an allergy to silver :? although I've heard silver allergies are something to do with the minerals usually contained in it?

I don't have a problem with garlic, but also have a very bad reaction to Dolmio sauces. (My prob's with tomatoes). Not as extreme a reaction as yours, Xafier, but I do feel very strange and not at all well after eating Dolmio. Now I've realised the effect, I avoid them like the plague!

The problem you have with wearing silver could be a nickel allergy? I suffer from that as well, and have to take a lot of care choosing earrings! (18 carat gold's fine!! :thumbsup: )

Cheers, StarSparkle

Originally posted by Strix

Yeah, me too. I have a beautifully etched cuff bracelet about 3-4 inches deep. Itches like (erm, cough), but it still gets the occasional outing!

if you like to wear this bracelet...try painting the inside of it (what comes into contact with your wrist) with clear nail varnish...see if that helps..unless you're allergic to nail varnish then ignore this post!

aunty witch x:D

Guest Pauly

I get Hay Fever so am allergic to tree pollen. My worst month of the year is June and May/July are usually a bit sneezy too but it's got better in the last few years. Last year I only had one bad sneezing fit (about 50 sneezes in a row) so it's much better than when I was a kid. Also certain breeds of cat give me itchy eyes, runny nose and sneezes. I prefer dogs anyway. :)

I was ill about 6 months ago for three weeks with stomach problems and after tests and a gastroscopy I've become allergic to pasta and other things like Pringles and spaghetti. Gutted but no major loss. Doc thinks I am a Coeliac but I've yet to ring up and get test results.

Those are my allergies. Better than some I'd imagine and certainly liveable with. :)

EDIT: Just called the Doc and apparently my results came back as normal :confused: so apparently I'm not a Coeliac after all. I guess I'm just allergic to pasta. At least I can still eat rice. :D

I have been patch tested at the hallamshire for my allergies as work were concerned the red itchy rash might be related to work.

It turns out that I have an allergy to Nickel, so all silver looking cheap jewellery is a no-no. Silver coins, buckles , you name it if it looks silvery, it brings me out in a rash. Apparently german silver has a high percentage of nickel in it so in theory I can wear silver jewellery as long as it's not german.

Also I have a longer delay reaction to a preservative that is found in many household products. Basically anything that makes bubbles is a candidate, so I have to read the ingredients on the washing up liquid, washing powder, soap, shampoo--I'm sure you get the picture.

The only thing they can give me to treat the allergy is a steroid cream that thins the skin so has to be used very sparingly, so I have to rely on barrier cream to avoid contact.

I've found out that the best thing about being pregnant is that I haven't had a single flare up. I was worried, cos I can't use the steroid cream if I do have a reaction.

It'll be interesting to see if it comes back after baby is born!!

Originally posted by smellie1

It turns out that I have an allergy to Nickel, so all silver looking cheap jewellery is a no-no. Silver coins, buckles , you name it if it looks silvery, it brings me out in a rash. Apparently german silver has a high percentage of nickel in it so in theory I can wear silver jewellery as long as it's not german.

That's really interesting to hear about German silver having a high nickel content - I wasn't aware of that at all.

Could explain a lot for me - some silver necklaces I've no probs wearing at all, others bring me out in a rash as soon as look at them! I never did understand that .....

Cheers for the info!

StarSparkle :)

Nickel brings me out in a rash. Dogs make my eyes go red and puffy, and eggs make me feel like Ive been kicked in the stomach. And cheap fabric conditioner makes me itch.