Windows for mac?

what? soft windows 98 run windows 98 on your mac includes windows 98 ???????????????

But why would anyone want to run 98? Ick....

But why would anyone want to run 98? Ick....

you would have to ask a windows 98 user :hihi:

"Just out of curiosity Honkytonk, what packages are you wanting to run?

Office for Mac is pretty much the same as Office for Windows." -

that's what I'm confused about. I've never been able to find Office on it. Where is it?!!! Do I have to buy the software? Sorry, I am really thick when it comes to computers, I just want to use one easily! i want simple things like page numbering, headers and footers - I've gone back to college and need to write long essays, and this is just slowing me down. if I could do that on here then I'd keep it.....

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9219/1000868oq6.jpg

not sure if the link will work, and I'm not the world's most patient person...

Thanks for your replies, I guess I'm going to sell it and buy a PC. I just want to use a normal windows XP package, like at work!

According to the blurb, this is an Apple Imac G4 800 Superdrive Panther 15inch TFT Airport.

It is loaded with OSX 10.3.4, plays/burns dvds, have used a wireless router with it, looks cute, but I've never got used to it. Comes with manual, installation CDs, inc Airport, speakers and keyboard.

Needs a loving home with someone who will really appreciate it!

Bought it for £800 3 years ago, selling for £450 ono. (cash please). unless I can get windows on it.

cheers

I run office, word, excel, powerpoint and entourage on a Mac G4 without any problems

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office2004/office2004.aspx?pid=office2004

I have a G4 running OSX 10.4 and Laptop PC running Windows XP, both running Office! G4 is fine, the Windows XP operating system on my laptop is absolute pants. Stick with the Mac!!

Thanks for the link - I had a look at the office stuff on the mac site before but got blinded by science. What is the exact name of the package that i need to buy - so it runs like yours ? (sorry again for being so blonde!). Normally at work if I have any probs a nice IT man sorts it... I'll pop into the mac shop on Saturday too.

Dear god I would NEVER sell a Mac for a PC! Take it to the apple shop and tell them that you need to use Office on it.

xxx

And don't forget to ask about the MS Office student license...

It does sound like you'd be happier with a PC...

I would love a G4 iMac (i think it's probably my favourite of Apple's designs) but sadly i can't afford to take this one of your hands right now. :(

Aha! Well, just got back from the Apple shop at Meadowhell and have just installed Office:mac 2004. So far so good. Everything looks familiar. AND I mentioned I was a student and got an exceptional knock down price, can't believe it.

Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

x

just installed Office:mac 2004. So far so good. Everything looks familiar. AND I mentioned I was a student and got an exceptional knock down price, can't believe it.

Glad you're sorted.

And yes, it's the student/teacher edition is a LOT cheaper than the "normal" version. :)

Good for you! Really glad it's worked out.