Windows for mac?

hello, hope you can help..

I've got an imac G4, and it's wasted on me. I don't use it properly and get frustrated cos I'm used to Windows packages. I've been on the mac site and I don't know what is the best thing to do - sell it and buy a PC, or buy the right software package. And what would anyone recommend in terms of windows on a mac? I don't have a lot of cash at the moment either.

Any advice gratefully received.

cheers

I know you said you can't afford it at the moment, but I would personally bin the Mac and buy a PC if you want to use Windows. Just don't buy one with Vista, as I hear it's crap.

the cost of BootCamp, and a windows license, you'd be as well buying a cheap pc to run windows, and with it been a G4, its not possible and would have to be 'emulated' which is slow at the best of times...

however, what G4 is it? I may be able to sort you a deal out as I have a laptop sat here doing nothing ;)

got windows 98 for mac

Office 98 for Mac, surely?

the cost of BootCamp, and a windows license, you'd be as well buying a cheap pc to run windows, and with it been a G4, its not possible and would have to be 'emulated' which is slow at the best of times...

however, what G4 is it? I may be able to sort you a deal out as I have a laptop sat here doing nothing ;)

BootCamp is free isn't it?

BootCamp is free isn't it?

It was a free Beta. That beta expires soon. AFAIK, the only way to get it after that will be to buy Leopard (OSX 10.5).

It was a free Beta. That beta expires soon. AFAIK, the only way to get it after that will be to buy Leopard (OSX 10.5).

I am very tempted to buy parallels, is it worth it; or should I stick to BootCamp?

I haven't actually tried either solution... though i suppose they both have their benefits and drawbacks.

BootCamp gives you a Mac just running Windows, so no emulation cost on resources (but not you have to reboot to get back to OSX) whereas Parallels means you can quickly flit between Windows and OSX apps (but you have Parallels using up resources).

I am very tempted to buy parallels, is it worth it; or should I stick to BootCamp?

That only works on intel macs, it does exaclty what it says - runs windows in a window in osx as if it were an actual computer.

I don't use it properly and get frustrated cos I'm used to Windows packages.

Just out of curiosity Honkytonk, what packages are you wanting to run?

Office for Mac is pretty much the same as Office for Windows.

Office 98 for Mac, surely?

what? soft windows 98 run windows 98 on your mac includes windows 98 ???????????????