Hathersage/Stanage/Burbage Bridge Walk Sunday 25th November

It's not an odd question! All ages are very welcome, there's a fair range on most walks I think.

It'd be rude to match names and ages, but from past threads, there have been walkers from children coming along with their parents to the more "mature" end of the spectrum.

Just adding to Feargals post, the walking group isnt "aimed" at any age really, we just try and cater for everyone who wants to come along by not making the walks too strenuous, or too regimented like some other walking groups appear to be.

As Feargal says, occasionally people bring their children, and often we have people who bring their dogs. We have people in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's, so you can see from that that there's a fairly wide range of ages. You can see this if you look at some of the photos taken on the walks.

You'll be made very welcome if you want to give us a try.

Ok i'll be there on time!

If you do carpool, I can propose my car. I'm living close to pounds forge, and i can lift 4 persons... just let me know! :)

Hi Peyo. Hope you can make it Sunday, it's always nice when we get new people come along. Give my regards to Sabine will you, that is in fact the name she uses in here!

Regarding car pooling, I don't think that there is anybody who needs a lift this week, but it's very kind of you to offer.

Hopefully see you Sunday.

Will meet you at Hathersage station.

Another wonderful walk, with dry, clear weather. Welcome to Pierre-bring more buns next time! I've realise what Scoobz's tactics are-he lies!! Just so we don't give up before we start the long ascent, he pretends that we won't actually be going "up there" at all. But 9 times out of 10, "up there" is precisely where we end up. Having said that, I haven't been on any of the canal walks, so only have myself to blame. :|

Thanks Scoobz - very enjoyable walk today - just what i needed :D

Thanx all for the welcome! And next time, i'll try to bring Muffins for everybody ;)

Picture coming soon! :)

Welcome aboard Peyo, glad you enjoyed the day and the wonderful scenery in these parts. Nice also to see that you didn't have a moan about going "up there" unlike an unfit, out-of-condition, short-cut loving, can't wait till she can get back to her equally unfit other half individual, who is obviously more at home with a remote control than she is with her walking boots these days!

Another enjoyable walk - despite the bunch of mindless cross country motercyclists who made me think I had accidentally strayed onto the M1 - rant:rant: over. Just wonder if this sort of thing is legal?

I actually enjoy the uphill bits I feel that I'm striding out and stretching my joints and muscles and the anticipation of standing on top of the hill/mountain/crag keeps me going. It's the downhill that gets me - all the wear and tear on those joints and the strained muscles trying to hold them in place......

So anyone know a circular walk that’s uphill all the way:hihi:

Nice to meet Peyo and thanks for the lift back, quite an early finish today leaving time to do some Christmas shopping in town.

Put my photos up here hope you enjoy them

Another enjoyable walk - despite the bunch of mindless cross country motercyclists who made me think I had accidentally strayed onto the M1 - rant:rant: over. Just wonder if this sort of thing is legal?

I actually enjoy the uphill bits I feel that I'm striding out and stretching my joints and muscles and the anticipation of standing on top of the hill/mountain/crag keeps me going. It's the downhill that gets me - all the wear and tear on those joints and the strained muscles trying to hold them in place......

So anyone know a circular walk that’s uphill all the way:hihi:

Nice to meet Peyo and thanks for the lift back, quite an early finish today leaving time to do some Christmas shopping in town.

Put my photos up here hope you enjoy them

Great photos Neo, very atmospheric. Ws it really that dark?

Neoteric your mailbox is full!!

Oh so it was - I've now made some space.