Hathersage/Stanage/Burbage Bridge Walk Sunday 25th November

A circular walk of roughly 8 miles will take place Sunday 25th November from Hathersage, taking in Stanage Edge, Burbage Bridge and Camp Green Roman Fort. The walk will commence from Hathersage railway station at 10.0 a.m. to coincide with the arrival of the 9.33 train from Sheffield.

The walk will be broadly based on an AA walk........

http://www.theaa.com/travel/details/walk/420244

nice walk, we did it the opposite way about 3 months ago.

A circular walk of roughly 8 miles will take place Sunday 25th November from Hathersage, taking in Stanage Edge, Burbage Bridge and Camp Green Roman Fort. The walk will commence from Hathersage railway station at 10.0 a.m. to coincide with the arrival of the 9.33 train from Sheffield.

The walk will be broadly based on an AA walk........

http://www.theaa.com/travel/details/walk/420244

Oh good I believe Hathersage is open on Sunday :hihi: and a big vote for getting back to circular walks.

Circular walks it is from now on! Don't need all that crap we had today, trains cancelled and no buses, not to mention a lack of taxis.

nice bistro next to the Walnut Club. and a pub that allows dogs in just off the main road.

sorry can't do this one as i have a trip tp Manchester on sunday. sorry i missed the wet walk this week, sounds like you all had fun!!

See you on 2nd at lodge moor

Yes, count me in for this one, Scoobz.Mr L might be persuaded to come and join us for a Guiness or two in Hathersage at the end of our walk! :)

Yes, count me in for this one, Scoobz.Mr L might be persuaded to come and join us for a Guiness or two in Hathersage at the end of our walk! :)

Be nice to see you again lu, got lots of catching up to do haven't we?

Wonder with young Jess will put in an appearance too?

Hello everybody!!!!

I just arrived in sheffield 3 weeks ago, and i've heard about this group through Sabine (don't know her nickname here...) that some of you may had met during some previous walk! I'd be please to join you for this walk!

Can any of you explain we how it works (meeting point, meeting hour etc...)

Thanx,

Pierre

Hello everybody!!!!

I just arrived in sheffield 3 weeks ago, and i've heard about this group through Sabine (don't know her nickname here...) that some of you may had met during some previous walk! I'd be please to join you for this walk!

Can any of you explain we how it works (meeting point, meeting hour etc...)

Thanx,

Pierre

Welcome Peyo! Good to hear we've come recommended! I can assure you everyone is very friendly and welcoming and I'm sure you will have a good time and meet lots of new people. All you need to do is show up at the designated time and place (in this instance Hathersage train station at 10am). you can't miss us as we're usually milling around in a large group with our backpacks on and walking sticks.

some people will likely be on the train as a few of us don't have cars, but we do carpool as well so say if you need a ride and perhaps they'll be someone from your area going that can give you a lift.

Not sure if I'll be making this one or not but I'll look forward to meeting you if I do!

Ok i'll be there on time!

If you do carpool, I can propose my car. I'm living close to pounds forge, and i can lift 4 persons... just let me know! :)

Afternoon all,

Probably an odd question but.... What sort of age group is this walking group aimed at?