Advice about my neighbours dog

I was stood on the front yesterday talking to my neighbour next minute her dog went for my little boy and you can just see teeth marks in the side of his face i just need advise on what to do. My little boy age 4 is terrified

What is your neighbour planning to do with his/her clearly dangerous dog? I'd be speaking to him/her to find out if the fact it is plainly dangerous has even registered with them and take it from there.

I would photograph the injuries and report it to the police.

i have took a photo on my mobile i was going to put it on here but i cant work out how to do it

poor little man i would definately consider reporting it your little boy cannot live in fear and your neighbour needs to understand that.

what would you like to happen?

dog bites can be a traumatic experience, i'm glad the physical damage won't be long lasting. most dog owners get bit at some time and it does make you wary.

did the neighbour apologise? is the dog normally aggressive?

the best thing is to ask your neighbour to restrain the dog in future - the police may do that on your behalf but reporting it to the police could make it worse and escalate into something worse.

Oh dear his face does look sore, and I would feel upset if he was my child.

Perhaps you could tell us in a bit more detail about what happened? what was the dog doing? what was your little boy doing? just so we have a more rounded picture.

i dont want this to sound wrong and it is not ment to in any way but was it unprovoked?

Oooh vikki! You're gonna get it now! :lol:

Seriously his face does look very sore, and the owner should have better control of the dog. It really depends what you want to happen to the dog, as to how you go about it.

Going on from what Vikki has said, your little boy needn't have been doing anything bad to the dog, but it could be that the dog is 'provoked' by a certain stimulus and your little boy may have provided that stimulus without meaning to (we can't blame dogs for what they're afraid of - they don't understand things like we do) and if that is the case, the owner should've told you that your little boy being there, or whatever it was he was doing was inappropriate around their dog.

If she was unaware that the dog would react in this way, it's very important she sees a professional and learns how to 'manage' the dog's environment and desensitise him to the stimuli that cause him to attack.

i still dont think is acceptable even if the dog was provoked and that wasnt what is was saying.

i would take lottis advice and as lotti said it's very important she sees a professional and learns how to 'manage' the dog's environment and desensitise him to the stimuli that cause him to attack.