Memories of Night Owl Club at Hillsbro.

Remember the Night Club at the Wednesday Ground. Had some

good times there in the Seventies.

Before the match on Saturdays - Stripper and Comedian and some

good groups in the evenings.

Best night I had there was when the group The Real Thing ("You to

Me Are Everything" - UK No. 1 Summer 1976) appeared. It was just

before they made it big, we had never heard of them at the time.

They were brilliant singing all the old Motown Stuff.

Yard of ale contests were a farce at Sat lunchtimes - very messy !

Great Days

I remember it from the early 1980s, when I (mis-) spent my youth there.

It was called "Christies" then, and I believe it was (part?) owned by the singer Tony Christie.

Ahh the memories of boppping the night away there, and then walking home, up Herries Road, barefoot! lol

Oh, the memories... Oh, the nostalgia... Like Plain Talker I remember mis-spending some of my "later youth" there in the early 1980s. Where did the years go?

It was ace there before the match on Saturdays in the 70s!

I always thought it was called the OZZY OWL night club????

I think it was the Ozzie Owl when I used to go.

Dial House Dance first friday nights and then straight down to the Ozzie.

Fabulous.

At the Dial House and the Ozzie Owl it was hilarious after the last dance when the lights came on. Everybody looked round to see whose wife was dancing with whose husband.

Brilliant memories of being on leave from the Navy and catching up with old mates at both clubs.

At the Dial House and the Ozzie Owl it was hilarious after the last dance when the lights came on. Everybody looked round to see whose wife was dancing with whose husband.

Brilliant memories of being on leave from the Navy and catching up with old mates at both clubs.

Well Pete, Never had you down as a chap who went to trhe Dial for grab a granny night!!!!!!!!!!.....Regards,Roy

Its was Christies to me.... just a thought PT... we may have danced the night away together in the 80s:hihi: the owl and the blade.....

although i was well under age..;)

did help avin family at the club...

Well Pete, Never had you down as a chap who went to the Dial for grab a granny night!!!!!!!!!!.....Regards,Roy

Too true Roy, used to bump into Elaine S. My Uncle was on the committee with Leyton Errat.

BTW Roy, my Dad passed away on the 24th Oct, exactly 7 days after his 92nd birthday. We buried him on Bonfire Night (Out with a bang)!! Still in regular touch with Dave H and good to see you still around.

Too true Roy, used to bump into Elaine S. My Uncle was on the committee with Leyton Errat.

BTW Roy, my Dad passed away on the 24th Oct, exactly 7 days after his 92nd birthday. We buried him on Bonfire Night (Out with a bang)!! Still in regular touch with Dave H and good to see you still around.

Pete, Sorry to hear of Dad but what a great life he had and appropriate that he went out with a bang...kind regards

Its was Christies to me.... just a thought PT... we may have danced the night away together in the 80s:hihi: the owl and the blade.....

although i was well under age..;)

did help avin family at the club...

eeeh, madders! lol...

that fair well may be a possiblity. I'd have been all of eighteen or so, when that was going on!